Come play!

All your SC2 needs.

Moderator: eXg. djgooky

s3lf
Forum N00b

Come play!

Post by s3lf »

I'm surprised more 'higher level' fps players haven't shifted over to SC2. It's my first RTS game, but I find the strategy and intuition involved is very similar to 1v1 and strategic team fps games. Definitely takes some getting used to if you'd never played RTS, but it's fantastic.

If any of you guys have SC2, feel free to add me:
chris.picheca@utoronto.ca

Here's my bnet profile:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2598892/1/self/

Or conversely on SC2ranks.com
http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/2598892/self

I play as Protoss in 1v1, and as Protoss & Zerg in team games.

A lot of really great game dev. has happened in the last couple of months. The latest patch that was released today includes a grandmaster 1v1 league for the top 200 players in each region. The North American region has a few hundred thousand players, so this is obviously quite a feat. The Master league still represents the top 1.8% of all players. The live streams for this game are excellent (http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/) plus the extremely high level tournament coverage through http://www.gomtv.net make the world of Starcraft pretty amazing.

Although you'll occasionally run into ignorant people on servers, in comparison to the ID games (from my experience) there are far less ignorant babies with mental health concerns in the Starcraft 2 world. Makes for a much better community of players.

With the probable exception of Team Fortress 2, I don't think I'll ever look back to FPS now that I've discovered this type of gameplay. Check it out, add me, and enjoy the rather large learning curve!
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

How does ping influence RTS?

ive thought about picking it up but mainly know americans lol
s3lf
Forum N00b

Post by s3lf »

It affects it a bit... but until you're in the upper leagues where micro is more crucial, you won't notice it very much. I've played on both the EU and SEA servers and I only noticed lag on SEA. Since you're in Holland, I think you'd be fine on the North American server.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

I still play every once in a while, but I'm sufficiently awful at the game despite having played it a decent amount. :P I prefer to watch GSL, than to actually play most of the time.

I do agree, that with fps arena games continuing to phase out, that more fps players will go to rts games, namely sc2. It's by far the most competitive and best represented game for tourneys out there right now. (and likely will be for a long time). I'd recommend anyone pretty much try the game because even if you're as terrible at it as I am, there's still lots of people who are a lot worse lol. The great thing about Blizzard games is that the population of players is enormous so you get tons of amazing and awful players, making the game a lot easier to pick up and actually win some matches than any fps dueling game.

I don't even know if there is a demo...but try it out.
s3lf
Forum N00b

Post by s3lf »

Matt - do you know if they got rid of guest passes? I got 2 when I bought the game from the store, but can't seem to find any guest passes in the version I bought from battlenet online? I'd be willing to give out my guest passes if they exist.
eXg. Storr
Forum Visitor

Post by eXg. Storr »

Sup

Pretty decent, Lmk if you guys need help

StorrZerg.412
ctoner@gmu.edu

lmk when you add me your from exg :)

Peaked Pretty high, was facing top 200's often before i stopped laddering.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

s3lf wrote:Matt - do you know if they got rid of guest passes? I got 2 when I bought the game from the store, but can't seem to find any guest passes in the version I bought from battlenet online? I'd be willing to give out my guest passes if they exist.
Honestly can't remember. I checked my box, but I must have either tossed them or given them away to someone. :(
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Was never really bitten by the RTS bug, but I admit to my interest being peaked now. :)
s3lf
Forum N00b

Post by s3lf »

So--the topic sway anyone to actually take the plunge!?
eXg. FroggY
Open Roster

Post by eXg. FroggY »

I have a guest pass. I'll try it when i'm less busy.
eXg. Storr
Forum Visitor

Post by eXg. Storr »

anyone still playing? love to get some games with some exg members
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

I play, but I'm still awful lol
eXg. Storr
Forum Visitor

Post by eXg. Storr »

if you want some help lmk
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. Storr wrote:if you want some help lmk
I think I just need practice more than anything, I know how to play, just cant apply everything I know very well. :(

Whats ur battle.net id/email??
eXg. Storr
Forum Visitor

Post by eXg. Storr »

Well trust me, you have a lot to learn.

As for my info its listed above in the thread.

hotmail is laughing_preps_n_geeks@hotmail.com

(not my real id)

Return to “StarCraft 2”