Quake Live US

New Q4Max

Post by dorkiz »

Alright... Q4Max 0.80 is out now. :D

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1476519
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

lol give us something else rather than mp bots and the ancient superhud ;)

I mean how long have they been modding mang....

i remember the days when quake4 had no autodownload... wth just happened there @ id :P

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

Got it!

I HAVE BOSTED FROM 30-40 FPS IN DUELS TO 70-90!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
IM FASTER ON THE KILLS NOW W00T W00T
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

4 sure there are a phew and I mean that phew. .. hehe different things that are new with this patch. First off the overall menu is ten times cleaner looking than before. Its just night and day better. Kinda like when EMZ came out for D3. better. :)

another thing they added which is absolutely awesome and thank god. they did it, was supply you with a Q4 max shortcut logo when you drop in your folder for the q4max. However if you are like me and don't put that folder where the icon path is specified, well then you wind up with a shortcut that can't find the damn Q4 max .exe :/ eh. ...

OOO big time improvement, they have provided you with two presets as well which I thought was major bang bang as well as bling bling for q4max.

1. st is An Eye candy setting that allows you to basically quick jump to high settings for whatever reason, you are feeling naughty and wanna see what your SLI rig is capable of with Q4. OR you wanna record some nasty demos.

2. A performance setting which basically sets all the things to noob and configures a fastest possbile FPS for your system.

IMO I think they did a fabulous job with the release.

---- FYI for the Bot haters. I had a pre cough cough, release of the AAS files for bots.... one that fatal1ty used, and one that Griffin, and Iris had.. both were cheesy to say the least but hey they were bots and they were good for workign on spawn frags.

The newer ones are drastically improved from them... Allready I noticed an Aim difference, and the way they respond to what weapons you have :). timeing is better for em as well. LIke they say they are not perfect, and they are stupid. aka still getting stuck on jumpads. but they are better than before... so this update gets a big ass + in my book.

Not to mention they fixed some of the jumps.
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

eXg. M1ND wrote:lol give us something else rather than mp bots and the ancient superhud ;)
What do you want? Go make a request on their forums or something... After 1.4.2 and .78d, Q4 is pretty much golden. It's a great game since that, and most people agree. Those patches did come a little late.

A lot of noobs don't want to play right now because they don't like getting owned all the time. With any bot support, more people will want to play Q4, and it'll help them learn the physics and the maps, resulting in a larger community gameplay. Everything else is more of their own personal things they wanted to fix. Nothing real major here, just more perks than anything.

I only really have two problems with this mod so far... The first is that you can load up .80... but if you join a server with .78 on it and then exit, you are back to the old menu and the old settings, etc etc etc.

The other is small weird things like the FPS counter. I have always had the FPS enabled just using com_allowfps, but with the built in setting, it'll overlap it and you have to kill one or the other. Nothing major, but meh... There are a few small things like that.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

OK, so, ummm, it can be faster, is backwards compatible only in so much that it won't blow up if you run 0.8 but join a 0.78 server, but it reverts ?? Right ??

PuN
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:OK, so, ummm, it can be faster, is backwards compatible only in so much that it won't blow up if you run 0.8 but join a 0.78 server, but it reverts ?? Right ??

PuN
What do you mean by faster?

Yea... It'll still let you join a .78 server, and then you just don't have the serverside additions (of course). Still works fine though. No crashes, etc etc etc.
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Actually Camel, this mod would be perfect for you... You said you wanna learn to strafe better... Well if you go to Settings and then go to HUD Options, there is an option that says "Draw Input." Turn that on and then watch what someone else does when they are strafing. It lets you see what keys they are pressing, so you can kind of get an idea of what you need to be doing. :)
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

eXg. dorkiz wrote:Actually Camel, this mod would be perfect for you... You said you wanna learn to strafe better... Well if you go to Settings and then go to HUD Options, there is an option that says "Draw Input." Turn that on and then watch what someone else does when they are strafing. It lets you see what keys they are pressing, so you can kind of get an idea of what you need to be doing. :)
wow, downloading now!~
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

btw, is the exg server going to this patch when its back up?

also, can everyone start posting their config text so we can share our best performance config and best quality configs?
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Are the bots a lot better than .79D? Because I was practicing on those ones and it was just a waste of time.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

i dont care really lol the FPS increase is the only thing that i care about lol

i could care less about the bots ^^

i dont like the health and armor thing though its black...and i used to use that to see when i needed health now i have to stop lookin at the person that im shooting and go for the health :evil: :evil: :evil:

but its a really nice set up on the options that u can go through

only problem that i have
i use corsshair 9 and 6

but in the new q4max its 5 and 3

and if i go into a older version of q4max it is dif and i got to change it every time now =[ it sucks but aw well xD :P
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

I'm sure we'll put the eXg server as .80. It's a pretty nice patch. Found a few more small bugs, but they'll get fixed.
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

eXg. dorkiz wrote:
eXg. M1ND wrote:lol give us something else rather than mp bots and the ancient superhud ;)
What do you want?
lol! thats a long list ;)
I've only got one thing to say that i want and that is:

CPMA q4 style ;)

Faster motion, aircontrol, faster rockets, weapon switch ***FIXED***!!

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. dorkiz wrote:I only really have two problems with this mod so far... The first is that you can load up .80... but if you join a server with .78 on it and then exit, you are back to the old menu and the old settings, etc etc etc.

The other is small weird things like the FPS counter. I have always had the FPS enabled just using com_allowfps, but with the built in setting, it'll overlap it and you have to kill one or the other. Nothing major, but meh... There are a few small things like that.
It will take you back to the 0.78 menus after you've joined a 0.78 server because the Q4 engine does an internal restart. Joining a server on a different version is just like quitting to windows and restarting with that version instead. Don't blame the mod for that, its just how the engine works.

If you don't like the two FPS counters overlapping make your own HUD!?!!

I don't play Q4 (or anything really now) but I'm always impressed by AnthonyJ's work. I wonder if he'd give me the new HUD code for EMZ? I may drop him a line? Although with life the way it is Doom 4 will be out before I get any time to code some more!

Return to “Quake Series”