Quake Lives Invitation System

Quake I, II, III, IV, QW ET..........

Moderators: eXg. Pheon1x, eXg. Frag///aster

ShaZe
Forum N00b

Quake Lives Invitation System

Post by ShaZe »

Hey guys, I would like to create an invitation system so everyone get invited.

The delay of the invitation was not counted inside my calculs so I have tweaked a bit the system so it work correctly. I also apologize for the little posts below, let's try to keep it clean.
--------------------------------------
Rules Updated
1. Post your name, last name and email using the structure below
2. Once you receive you receive your invitation, change your whole post for the invitation template as shown below.
3. Everytime you send an invitation, write the nickname of the person inside your list by editing. You have to send at least 3 invite. The 2 others are for your friends, but you can still give them to the persons that asked for them if you thinks that none of your friends will be interrested in Quake Live.
4. Make sure before sending an invitation that the persons name is not in the list of the above people.

Templates :

Request :
Invitation Request
Name :
Last Name :
Email :
Invitation :
********* Invitation *********

Nickname

1 )
2 )
3 )
4 ) Optional
5 ) Optional
Also, to make sure you don't become the target of any spam bot, it could be nice to write your email in a template like this : email:gmail, you dont have to type the dot com except if this is something else.

Example:

Name : Maxime
Last Name : Leclerc
Email : shaze88:gmail

I have been invited, waiting for the invitation email, I will start inviting people right after I receive it, so you can start adding your post. Don't forget to keep your post updated. This system should work perfectly.

Thanks
Last edited by ShaZe on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

I've received a number of requests and I am waiting for iD to give me more invites. As soon as I receive them I will send them out in the order in which they were received. Keep in mind I need: First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Sorry if it seems off topic, but are you Shaze of Shaze's Arena?
ShaZe
Forum N00b

Post by ShaZe »

Oh, didn't know that, I was sure only the nickname was necessary.
Corrected.

@Focus : Yeah, it is me :P I have kinda stopped mapping for multiplayer map because single player map allow me to have some kind realistic environment if I compare with the multiplayer of Doom3/Q4. But I will probably comeback on the multiplayer side with Quake 5 and my skills that quite improved during all that time. (www.shaze88.com) just for an example)

Sorry for my bad english, but hmmm, I would like to have some feedback but this is not the best place to discuss about that as this is supposed to be the topic that will help everyone to finaly get inside Quake Live beta, so hmm just PM me or email me if you want to share your opinions.

I hope this system will work well.
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

Shaze I sent you one, I would have sent it to someone who PM'ed me sooner but I have no email addresses currently and these invites go fast, I was surprised I could even send one.
ShaZe
Forum N00b

Post by ShaZe »

Oh my god, I hope it is just delay because otherwise, it would mean that I already got an invite one day I was not anymore waiting for them via the website and it got into my junk, deleted it and that would be the reason why I don't see it now.

That mean, that I just broke my own system that was suppose to help everyone ahhhhhh. I just can't believe it, I should have added an email that was sure of not having received any invitation yet.

I hope this is just delay otherwise Im almost hanging myself. It was like a promise, oh, this is so bad. I will re-edit if I receive any emails. You can't even know how I feel bad.
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

It took ME 2 weeks to get my invite, but lately it seems to take around 2-5 days.
ShaZe
Forum N00b

Post by ShaZe »

Oh ok, if it actually take 2 to 5 days to receive it, ok we are safe, phew. I was so scared to have destroyed the whole project.

Edit: By the way, you were pretty fast for the answer, good things, I would have been punching myself on the way back to home :P
ShaZe
Forum N00b

Post by ShaZe »

********* Invitation *********

Nickname

1 ) Grinder {EWZ}
2 )
3 )
4 ) Optional
5 ) Optional

** Please take note that I am actually searching where to invite people, I will re-edit when it will be done

Edit :

Ok Got a problem, it say : "You have no more available id Beta Center invites. "

And I didnt sent any yet, anyone know how to get them? Please PM me

Return to “Quake Series”