wow

Quake I, II, III, IV, QW ET..........

Moderators: eXg. Pheon1x, eXg. Frag///aster

Aw3somo.
Forum Regular

wow

Post by Aw3somo. »

is all i can say after playing my first match in quake live. love it!

feels like d3 and q4 mixed with some UT.

i "think" i might have talent for this game.. this was a dm of course got no clue who they are what the weapon colors are what items represent etc.. but i had a blast.

im gonna try to master this mothafucka 8)

how do we change alias in quakelive?
Last edited by Aw3somo. on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
xfire: aw3somo
phonsc
Forum Visitor

Post by phonsc »

Alas, you cannot change your alias, unless you start another account. You can't really get a flavor for the game in FFA, imo.
Try dueling, CA and CTF. I would especially recommend trying to master duels before moving on to more team-based games. (I wish I had.)

P.S., I'll add you. My name's PHoNSC.
P.P.S., Check out this thread. ;)
Aw3somo.
Forum Regular

Post by Aw3somo. »

Will do, just remember it was my first game ever lol. im very experienced in doom dual'ing but in quake its another story

i intend to play more asap
xfire: aw3somo
deathr0w
Forum Elite

Post by deathr0w »

Timing is EVERYTHING in Quake. Your going to find some decent players that have the timing down for everything. once you get that down its pretty much the aim.
Steam: exgdeathrow
QLIVE: deathr0w
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

Yep... you got it.. really the two main items that you absolutely are going to have to time and want to time at all times if possible.. is the Mega and RA at the same time. Yes they are two different times.. Mega at 35 seconds, and RA at 25.. You will have to put some time and effort as its not easy.. Not at all.. Half the time I can't focus on the game and get fragged trying to remember which time is which... It takes a very very very very long time to master.. but the key is patience.. perseverance, and practice. Oh Perfect practice.. meaning meaningful practice. Just running around will just get you good at running around..

anyways.. more in depth is the quake bible written by chance.. Good friend and good mentor.. ;)
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Yea... I still need to start playing more duel in QL. Duel is all I've really been interested in from Duke3d all the way up to Quake4, but I've mainly been doing CTF in QL... I'll start hitting duel hard when I get back home though. Especially if Qcon does another open tournament like they did this year. Looks like I could have done pretty good compared to who all signed up... Top 10 were really the only strong players in it. :s
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

yeah.. I hear you.. right now I am only concerned with timing.. I know its something that takes forever to master.. but once you have it.. you have it forever. So I will sacrifice games for it in the meantime. Might not be my pro game this time.. but I'm sure by the time something else comes out.. I will have it down. Unless they change the times of items. lol.
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Yea... Timing is still my problem. I can time really well by feel, but I need to start actually timing accurately.

Return to “Quake Series”