Worse than Runescape!!!
28%

Total votes: 18
Immolation
Forum Visitor

WoW

Post by Immolation »

WoW = ownage

Best MMORPG ever.. just ask the 8 mill that play it. It offers great gameplay, combat, competition, and is in one fluid world. Its addicting as **** and is great fun. You wont be able to stop playing it... except maybe to play css :lol:

The pvp is extremely advanced with many styles including world pvp (ganking noobs) and battle grounds (10v10, 20v20, and 40v40 and in the xpack 1v1,2v2,5v5 and 60v60???? not sure about 60v60 but lets hope!)

The pve in wow is also fun with long raids which require skilled noobs and Night Elves (lol j/k) to do. But ya they are fun, challenging, and you get 1337 gear from it and popularity if you are the first one to complete the raid.

Other good things include: OK graphics, minimal lag, and LOTS of patches and bug fixes. Blizzard definetly spends time and pays attention to keeping this game awsome.

You also get alot of freedom in the game. You can be on either 2 sides: horde or alliance (which fight each other) and choose from 8 classes: Mage, Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Warlock, Priest, Shaman, and Paladin. There are also four races for each faction: Alliance- human, gnome, Night elf, and dwarf Horde- Troll, Tauren, Orc, and undead. Also within each class you can completely customize your style of play using 3 unique talent trees to make your character fit your strategies. ie: hunters can spec themselves to be good marksmen... or they can improve their beastly companion to do loads of ownage. Its up to you!

Drawbacks: leveling can be slow if you are casual, also the game seems to rely on balance of time played 70% and skill 30% although this will change in the xpack to about 50-50 aperantly. The biggest drawback of all however is probably the $12 a month... but IMO its worth it. Instead of buying $50 xpacks for other games every 4 months you get awsome service, gameplay and good fun.

Common comparisons: Guild wars, runescape, everquest. IMO none of these compare to WoW. Having played GW and RS (sadly) they got boring within days and you didnt have as much choice. WoW greatly owns GW and RS in PvE and PvP. I cannot say about Everquest only having played the demo but im sure WoW would be better :)

Anyone looking to join me and the others that have it go to:

Us server: Altar of Storms
Faction: alliance
Guild: Gnomes in a Toaster (soon to be changed)

and get to 60 be4 X-Pack!

For more info on teh leetest RPG around go to www.worldofwarcraft.com
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

"teh 1337 !!" :D

I love the game, even if I don't play as hardcore as most others.
Detrimentalsysmd

Post by Detrimentalsysmd »

eh...been there...done that. Easy game. beat it in a lil over 2K in hours. 8)
ARC
Forum Regular

Post by ARC »

It is indeed very fun :D

My one huge complaint is the Alliance. In majority the alliance players, are whiney (whaa the Horde are attacking us), immature and most are noobs. I haven't played the Alliance as much as Horde, but I have played Alliance on more servers than I have Horde. Of course as long as you have friends on Alliance you're good to go. (The game's far more enjoyable playing with a friend either way).
The other thing of course like Immolation said is that its 70% time played based and only 50% skill.

I had to cancel my account a while ago due to personal reasons and the cost, but hopefully I'll renew someday.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

I bought a month, and was really disappointed. From what I've heard it could steel your soul, but to me Id rather play Guild Wars for FREE. If WoW was free id play it.
eQuals
Forum Elite

Post by eQuals »

Playing Guild Wars really saves you about no money. They release $50 expansion packs every 6 months, so unless you don't want any new content you're paying about the same. :?
Immolation
Forum Visitor

Post by Immolation »

Ya wow is not much more expensive than guild wars. Not to mention you get way more content for a lil extra. The wow expansion will contain thousands of hours worth of stuff. The guild wars expansions take approx 1.5 days to beat and do everything... Also guild wars really is... TOO EZ especially pve. I got 3 million gold very quickly... not to mention perfect gear and weps and stuff in a breeze.
Immolation
Forum Visitor

Post by Immolation »

Ya update it sucks dont get it. lol. i stopped playing :P

but GW still sucks more so... im waiting for a good RPG
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hmmm, I've got a short attention span, as many of you can attest to, hehe. Never having played it, can't say, but generally speaking, Fantasy type games, cause me to loose interest. I will admit however, that 8 million people can't be wrong either, but, hehe.

PuN
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

Preparing face for Eggs.. :oops: LOL!

Sorry, I have not played it so I cannot like it... :shock:
[R]
Forum N00b

Post by [R] »

Eh, maybe I like it because im asian but I love it. Played it a few months til I got sick of it and all I did was grind for gold...like a chinese bot :O

I currently play on Khadgar (PvE) and have a 44 warrior and 39 rogue and 400 gold as of tonight. If you decide to play WoW, hit me up on Khadgar.

Also, there should be an official realm and forum section once this game gets big in this clan...if it gets big.
eQuals
Forum Elite

Post by eQuals »

Lol, I guess you could say the game is pretty big in this clan. One of our members, Detrimentalsysmd, basically beat the game. First ever guild to clear Naxx, he was the first character wearing full t3, basically pwned 8million people.

Most of us play on windrunner or spirestone...

Return to “Other”