aahhhh!!!!!! too many games!!!!!!!!!!!
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Def going to try this out! :)
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

I didn't enjoy it the maps sucked i know its demo but it just seem like a less improvement from painkiller 1. Still same style of gameplay. jjust new guns and maps is was it seem like to me. :?
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I'm dying to hear what Frag has to say on this one. He's been showing my PK, but I don't know how this is changed from it, if at all.

PuN
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

okay okay, I have waited and waited. and finally I got it up and running, and of course I can't play UT3 right now so this was like woot. I have been waiting for this game forever.

Now as far as movment is concerned. I was hopeing that they didn't change it much, due to the fact that this was what made that game pretty unique, and I thought that really screwing with the movment and all the other aspects of the game could potentially kill it. In a way, like Quake 4 did, not kill the game there, but split a lot of the players up, It feels smoother as far as the movment is concerned. It still has that baddass feel to the game, however cleaned up a little, almost polished like a quak3 3 type game feel.

what I mean is when you saw quake 2. that game was raw in it graphics, it was very dark and cool with badass music. I feel like then they came out with q3, and that was a bit more cartoony in a way. They have done the same with this.

the movement feels good.

Weapons - Now I am going to go into further investigation with the weapons however I got a visit from a interesting person the other night as I hosted a server. Fojji joined and asked how I liked it, different things here and there. He personally doesn't like the weapons yet. He feels that CPM is better now this is after like 3 minutes of the install. I"M giving it a chance, as quake 4 really needed a chance and didn't get it. an it turned out to be pretty good. ( after a lot of patches, and Q4max mod.) :)

Some of the new adds that I really liked was the addition of a severed Head that acts like a lighting gun, on one hand, and it screams on the other. Not sure yet what that will do. scare the enemys away lol.

the one thing that kinda pissed me off was the RL. in the first one that thing was BA. it had chaingun plus RL in one combo. They really didn't change it much as far as functionality, they just made it look like a gothic Unreal Version. so that I was like eh.

There are sticky nades that you can throw and smack on people kinda like Halo and blow em up. they are wierd cause its like a little egg with a dino in it. But they blow up.

Shotty - shotty isn't that bad, they call it the bone gun in this version. have to play with it more to give a better review.

The one thing that is kinda wierd, and they might have it in the final release btu it wasn't in this one, was there wasn't any Stake gun. !!!

Now that gun set this game apart and made it very dynamic from other games, its like the rail gun in a way, but soo much different.

They shot the demo out with two maps, and one has these hge ass balls roling around that one pretty much is pointless. the other map has multiplayer potential. So I would expect a .50 cal tourn. possibly on that map. for now. If you guys are painkiller fans I would hit up their site, spam their forums, and let em hav it about this and that. I"m sure they are gonna want feedback. But give certain aspects of this game a chance. there is a many things they need to work on for the release but I think they might be in decent shape.

also keep in mind, PK++ they might come out with a mod that would knock ur socks off for the game.

and so far this is still the easiest game I have found to set up servers, and jump right into and play.
- demo playback is another story, but if anyone needs help with that, I got it down now. :)

sp far thats my review. Now I have to get back to playing it. hehe.

peace.
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

agree with the above had my discussion with frag and played with frag :) its a nice game, but needs some improvements in the final stage of the game :) before they release it

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Just played a game with frag... and it's really hard for me to get used to the movement, feels all weird coming from quake.

It's pretty cool though, I like it a lot better as a dueling game than ut3 from what I've seen of both so far.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

PK for 1v1, UT3 for CTF,

Quake 4 for PWNAGE
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

et:qw to rule them all :)
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. D|stance wrote:et:qw to rule them all :)
well, not for dueling! :P

Return to “Other”