q4_ExgHq :)

Mods, maps, beta testing.
eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

q4_ExgHq :)

Post by eXg. Johnny »

Yo yo..... im making a map now.... i got the program a little in my fingers now with the great help of crush!

Here are some pictures of whats gonna happen!

eXg. Tokealot1919
Inactive

Post by eXg. Tokealot1919 »

looking very nice so far man....lol i wish i knew how to do that s**t it would be insane :shock: :D
Steam ID: Tokealot1919
eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

whell i just doing this program for 2 days lol..... look where i am! like crush said!

TUTORIALS TUTORIALS TUTORIALS!

www.doom3world.org

Works great...... just check all the tutorial videos!
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. Jo||n wrote:whell i just doing this program for 2 days lol..... look where i am! like crush said!

TUTORIALS TUTORIALS TUTORIALS!

www.doom3world.org

Works great...... just check all the tutorial videos!

He speaks the truth! And j00 is welcome mang. Anything to help a fethow brotha out. Now you better make a 1337 skeet map of da hax0rs!

eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

ehh lol, ehh did not realy get what you mena with the 1337 haxor s**t.... sorry im dutch i dont know all! :D
XvileX
Forum Junkie

Post by XvileX »

he's telling you to make a badass map. lol
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

eXg. Jo||n wrote:ehh lol, ehh did not realy get what you mena with the 1337 haxor s**t.... sorry im dutch i dont know all! :D
hey im dutch 2 dont discredit me :P

lookin good sofar good luck bro ....hmmm...think ill have a look into that s**t next weekend
eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Hey man.... ive been working on the map lately and i got started on adding a litte texture to see if the texture looks cool! I like it this way! Cuz the blue lights will esamble the EMZ colors! Cuz i wanna make images of the emz logo, and exg logo and put them in the map! So the blue area is for emz! Now alle the blue light lines in the walls i can also make in red (or orange i dunno!) and with it the red lines in ohter rooms that i will creat will esamble exg colors!

THIS s**t SO SO SO SO COOL TO DO!!!!..... at this time i like it more than even playing quake..... :( sorry guys!

Greetz =)

PS: From 28 january my sister is on vacation, so i will be taking care of her house for a week! So i wont be able to game much, (like monday training) Im bring my pc tho to there place, cuz i can work on my maps then! They have internet, but it is to poor to game with i think!
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Very nice man. Wish I had taken the time to learn mapping. One too many crashes of my editor, and pffffftttttttt. Let me know if you have Photoshop, because then I can send you some of my raw .psd files so you can have extra font/textures if you need them.

PuN
eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

Whell never 2 late to learn man! This is my first map! I spend like 8 hours on this! :D

And i dont have photo shop! I only have Fireworks!

What kind of files i need 2 covert 2 if i want to make images that i can put in the editor?
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hmmmmm psd is a photoshop format, with all the individual layers, styles, transparencies, blending, etc. Not sure if Fireworks would know what to do with that. Lemme put up some "el quicko" stuff that's handy, in either jpg, or gif. If you want ultra high res, non compressed, I can do that.

PuN
Cyanide!
Forum Bot

Post by Cyanide! »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote: Image
OMFG HOW DID YOU MAKE THESE! :shock:

And nice ones Pun :lol:

That other one is in the defrag final map on the nightmare straffes :lol:
Remember those posters that said, Today is the first day of the rest of your life?_
_Well, that's true of every day except one. The day that you die
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Good job so far, make sure you look at some lighting tutorials to get the best out of it. Remember 3 light sources per brush face, if ther eis more split the brushes up...

eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

Yeah the lighting tutorial video i did not watch yet... the blue light you see are only test for if it workd, it was a good effect but then again, not only light i need to know....... theres a lot more! Spawning points, teleport, weapon and armor and health deployment! The and lots lots more!

But first im gonna mke the map, and the textures all good! I got the outer side all in Caulk now! So thats good!

But thanks for the infomation!

PS: You need 2 help me with the Teleporter, cuz i tried to watch the video but it doesnt work on the doom3world site! And the html version tutorial i cant make a s**t out of so! :D
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

Talk to 3xh from emz about the textures, he swapped all normal game textures in d3 for the emz ones so he will know about formats etc. :)

Return to “Development”