q4_ExgHq :)

Mods, maps, beta testing.
eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

cool cool yeah would be great, cuz i need 2 know what kind of file it has to be, the pixel size and stuff! Cuz thats not easy i think!

Tnx mike, ill hit him up on PM, or xfire or stuff!

:D
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Hahahaha Oh and you cant ask me?

Format: TGA
Size: any value in multiples of 2. Example 128x128 or 128x64 or 512x64 or 56x22 whatever.

You need to make a "textures" folder in the same dir you have your "maps" directory. You also need a folder named "materials" which you will make your material file and place it in there, Then you have to make the textures. At a min. I have a editor image, and a diffuse image. But you can also make a bumpmap and specular if you want also.

I suggest the texture video tutorial by Brian Trepanning....

eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

Ofcoure i can ask you :D.... but i need al the help i can have! :D Tnx man ill look into the tutorial! :D
eXg. FroggY
Open Roster

Post by eXg. FroggY »

could you post more pics?so that we can see the progress... :?:
eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

well i was trying to make a video of the ingame, but dunno how it works!

I know how i can record a net demo, but thats not gonna be a avi, or mpeg file or someting!

But there arent much extra photos to put up, its basicly the room there that i build! Cuz im still learning, and trying things out on other test maps, and with lots of tutorials it will take a while!
eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

whell whell whell cuz i screwed up and get confused of making a video capture of the map, i just gonna post sum screenshots! I havent changed mutch, only addes some texture and stuff!

K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i went to school for that s**t.... i was trained in 3d studio max and Maya... however, i havent used those programs in 3 years....

I might install 3d max again and see how much i remember...lol
XvileX
Forum Junkie

Post by XvileX »

Darkstar man, I bet you'd make some hellishly cool maps... you should dig around inside yer brain and find that hidden knowledge!
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Either that are start making some models!

3xH
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by 3xH »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:Hahahaha Oh and you cant ask me?

Size: any value in multiples of 2. Example 128x128 or 128x64 or 512x64 or 56x22 whatever.

You need to make a "textures" folder in the same dir you have your "maps" directory. You also need a folder named "materials" which you will make your material file and place it in there, Then you have to make the textures. At a min. I have a editor image, and a diffuse image. But you can also make a bumpmap and specular if you want also.

Dont forget the .DDS versions of all the textures for all the people that used the compressed versions :wink:
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

3xH wrote:

Dont forget the .DDS versions of all the textures for all the people that used the compressed versions :wink:

I LAFF at people that use DDS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3xH
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by 3xH »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:
3xH wrote:

Thats everyone not using Ultra quality :wink:

Including me! lol
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

i will start brainstorming this weekend... i will need your guys help on converting .max files to Doom 3 oriented files...

Also, is there a set of doom 3 STANDARD textures floating around??? Also, what about pixel dimensions and map size information????
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

3xH wrote:
eXg. CrUsH wrote:
3xH wrote:

Including me! lol

I wouldnt say that. I could create a whole map with nothing but TGA's, then where would your DDS be?

The only plus ive heard about DDS is maybee load times......

3xH
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by 3xH »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:
3xH wrote:
eXg. CrUsH wrote:
3xH wrote:

Including me! lol

I wouldnt say that. I could create a whole map with nothing but TGA's, then where would your DDS be?

The only plus ive heard about DDS is maybee load times......
Well, IIRC, it would indeed take longer to load the level if you only used tga, becuase the engine would have to compress them all during the loading sequence rather than just loading the pre-compressed textures.

Far better just to compress them in the first place :wink:

Hmmmm so in doom and quake they are converted when the map starts? Are you sure? Why wouldnt ID use all .DDS files then for textures. Or use DDS and have TGA's also?

Return to “Development”