Hell Ya 100% That would own fac3!
92%
No way, Nobody would play that!
8%

Total votes: 24
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

watch the triangles buffer buddy( for fps)

Good Luck :wink:

Btw I have an Idea, you might have implemented already but you know most mappers put a sign or a texture like signature in their maps, so go make that custom texture with a phat dope signature on it with your name written on it so ppl know this is your map :wink:

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
eXg. Aqua
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Aqua »

kool map crush
but...uhh... is the hoochie neccessary? christina will give your map aids
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

m1nd wrote:watch the triangles buffer buddy( for fps)

Btw I have an Idea, you might have implemented already but you know most mappers put a sign or a texture like signature in their maps, so go make that custom texture with a phat dope signature on it with your name written on it so ppl know this is your map :wink:

Very good Idea, and since there are many ways to implement this I will need to come up with a "Creative" Idea......

Oh and Aqua, you know you like it ;)

eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Ok, I am scaling everything 7X larger than it was built with. This has caused so much more work that I have to do with brushes and rescaling textures. NP though, got through half that last night. Also have to redo the lighting etc. Put some jumpads in, some weapons etc. and have some playtesters lined up for testing. Other than that here is a quick pic.

What do you think about the scale, too big? too small?

m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:

Very good Idea, and since there are many ways to implement this I will need to come up with a "Creative" Idea......

how bout putting A big wall somewhere with 2 doors like a Gate , and then like in the Space CTF map , place a button in front of it, and when u shoot it the gate will open and you'll see the logo :wink:

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

m1nd wrote:
eXg. CrUsH wrote:

how bout putting A big wall somewhere with 2 doors like a Gate , and then like in the Space CTF map , place a button in front of it, and when u shoot it the gate will open and you'll see the logo :wink:

Ill think of somthing, there are allot of ideas that I have now that can make this map allot of fun.

When are you making your map?

m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

when i get my textures working :) im making a whole pack :lol: so we will lose the standard stuff :D its time for an oldskool gothic map you dig ? :lol:

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

m1nd wrote:when i get my textures working :) im making a whole pack :lol: so we will lose the standard stuff :D its time for an oldskool gothic map you dig ? :lol:

Yeah I can "dig it" haha, nice dood. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out...

m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

ya but zeh only zproblem is zthat i need zome ztutorials on the bending and curving :) arches etc... do you know a good site of it :)cuz those basic primitives suck :lol:

((btw your xfire is still on :P but you dont respond :lol: ))

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

m1nd wrote:ya but zeh only zproblem is zthat i need zome ztutorials on the bending and curving :) arches etc... do you know a good site of it :)cuz those basic primitives suck :lol:

((btw your xfire is still on :P but you dont respond :lol: ))

Thats cause im at work owning noobs, check my work bio haha.

www.doom3world.org is a great place to find tutorials etc.... Sign up for the forums and search for them. You can also ask questions, allot of experianced people hang out there....

eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Ok ok ok ok fine haha. I have been making progress. Unfortunatly when I rescaled everything I had to rescale textures and do lighting from scratch, and also make all the capacitors over again because they wouldnt scale correctly. So I would like to share what I have so far. This was in SP mode so thats why I'm going so slow ect. Just to give you an update and to actually give you an idea of how its going to feel with another 8 people in the map MUahahahaha!

http://www.1337crush.com/sc/at.mpg

m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

did you make your tag in the map already ? :wink:

Btw add some ambient sounds :) or are they turned off :?:

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

m1nd wrote:did you make your tag in the map already ? :wink:

Btw add some ambient sounds :) or are they turned off :?:

Ive been thinking about the tag and will put that in soon. There are no ambient sounds because Its far from being done haha. There is going to be another platform or two I might put in there so there is more than just the card. I also have to think about weapon and armor and maybee a power up location.......

Thanks for checking it out.

XvileX
Forum Junkie

Post by XvileX »

I watched it earlier today. I'm looking forward to PLAYING it, but I also thing you should seriously submit it to Audigy.
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

XvileX wrote:I watched it earlier today. I'm looking forward to PLAYING it, but I also thing you should seriously submit it to Audigy.

Already showed them, they are pretty excited about it haha. Hopfully I dont let anybody down, Im gong to be putting allot of work into this and hopfully it turns out ok. Just need some time, and for these girls to stop harrasing me untill I'm fully healed and ready to go. But of course when I'm healed I wont have a hoard of women comming after me for some reason...... Hmmmm. HAX!

Return to “Development”