Doom 4!

Something about anything goes here.
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Doom 4!

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

D4, which is to be veiwed at Qcon this year, also other news came out from Gamespot.com in regards to that it is to be releast some time this year. I'm guessing 3rdQ or 4thQ?
If this is true then we wont have to wait to much longer for are hands to be rubbing the new box of Doom 4!

Ya buddy, ya pal,

D!ggy.
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

wow

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

keep me very pre updated please i will be immediatly buying it the day it is released which means i will be pre ordering
Despised or idolized... either way I'm recognized!
Don't be so quick to judge me You only see what I choose to show
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

You can post this but dont tell a thing about leaving hmpf
eXg. ShooteR
Counter-Strike Source/Admin

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

I'm going to call it now, it won't be til 2011, it will get pushed back. I'm not an optimistic person when it comes to good games coming out, cause I have been let down too many times :oops:
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. ShooteR wrote:I'm going to call it now, it won't be til 2011, it will get pushed back. I'm not an optimistic person when it comes to good games coming out, cause I have been let down too many times :oops:
How can a game that has had NO firm details given out, NO media and certainly NO release date be "pushed back"?
There is no way it was EVER going to be 2010 and to my knowledge nobody has ever said that was the case. Rage might be this year if we're lucky but to expect D4 is just setting yourself up for a fall. Don't forget, D4 is going to run at 30fps with THREE times the detail of Rage, so just figure how much art content they're going to have to create for that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/more- ... kecon-2010

"talk about ... at QuakeCon 2010" and "When we show it to you you're gonna love it" - but nothing linking those two statements so the "show" could come much later ;)

And don't forget that id's approach to developing stuff is what JC refers to as a "deep slice". They make an entire map/seciton of the game complete early on to demo/prove the tech and the go off and quietly develop the rest of it, although that may be different with D4 now that they don't have to go fishing for a publisher.
http://www.the-emz.com/ - A Multiplayer Mod for Doom 3
eXg.Ground Zero
Forum Master

Post by eXg.Ground Zero »

I heard that it willl be 1012 before its released.
"Friend ship lives in the soul of everyone"
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

eXg. SunTzu the reason why I left doesn't concern you, nor does it state anywhere in this thread about me leaving. So? Right. Moving on.

Back in 07' Carmack stated that they were making it while they were at Qcon, or at least started production. Now 3 years later they are going to show you what it's gonna look like.
Remember ET:QW? There was a big deal of it in 06', then in 07' they showed you a preview of ingame detal. Then it was releast later that year.
ID/splash damage also releast a beta for the tournament the same year for QuakeCon.

They also stated that there was going to be a Q5 in the works but they wanted D4 out first, I believe.

So any thing is possible.
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

Don't get your hopes up
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

I am always thinking the worsed about games release dates as well but a boy can dream right lol
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

eXg. SunTzu wrote:You can post this but dont tell a thing about leaving hmpf
Regardless of the post title, SuntZu has a point.
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

why did you leave actually D!ggy? I didnt read any thread about it and im almost on daily wtf :S!

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

Yea, like srsly man, forget doom. post something on the fact that ya left bro.. pm it to me at least or something.. its odd that ya just left us bro.. tell us whats goin down =|
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

>pwrhz< D!ggy wrote:eXg. SunTzu the reason why I left doesn't concern you, nor does it state anywhere in this thread about me leaving. So? Right. Moving on.

Back in 07' Carmack stated that they were making it while they were at Qcon, or at least started production. Now 3 years later they are going to show you what it's gonna look like.
Remember ET:QW? There was a big deal of it in 06', then in 07' they showed you a preview of ingame detal. Then it was releast later that year.
ID/splash damage also releast a beta for the tournament the same year for QuakeCon.

They also stated that there was going to be a Q5 in the works but they wanted D4 out first, I believe.

So any thing is possible.
They are not making a Quake 5. They clearly said that. Doom 4 wont even touch stores until another 2 or 3 years. The only thing that are going to show you at Qcon is a Trailer of progress work that's it. Qcon seems more a joke this year.

And about you leaving you it does matter to us. Stop being attention drama queen dude. hf at qcon and with your clan. Wait what did we do to you again? Hmmm nothing...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

I pretty much remember that they said there WILL be a Quake 5. They now have two full time teams and I think they're building a third. ToddH said something along the lines of "which means eventually we'll be able to cycle our IPs and have three in development at any one time, with a shorter release cycle" (Doom, Quake, Wolf, Rage).

So right now the two main teams are Doom 4 and Rage with newer hires cutting their teeth on QuakeLive.

I'm just glad they've brought all their titles back in-house.
http://www.the-emz.com/ - A Multiplayer Mod for Doom 3
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

I believe in 2008 carmack had said in a article that there would not be a quake 5.

Here it is

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/carmack-qu ... evelopment
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Return to “General Public Chat”