Quick Question!

Something about anything goes here.
Diggy
Retired

Quick Question!

Post by Diggy »

Will UT3 and Crysis work on XP? I got Gears of War of PC and it doesn't work. So are they Vista only or will they really work on XP too?

I tried downloading UT3 demo and it didn't work it kep crashing, so are they worth me time.

Does anyone here play Crysis or UT3 that doesn't have Vista on there PC right now, and works?
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

I play ut3 an crysis and gears of war on XP. I think its more of your hardware. With you saying ut3 demo kept crashing. Update your drivers. Sukyo had same prolbem until he updated his drivers :)
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

ut3 demo and crysis work for me on xp. I don't have gears but I could run it if i picked it up. All those are compatible with xp. That i know of I believe halo 2 is the only vista only game out right now?
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

your problem is direct x. Update your direct x and your games will work fine :D
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
Diggy
Retired

Post by Diggy »

I did update single of my drives, and still nothing worked. So whitch was why I was asking. I updated Video, DirectX, and all hardware. So what is the problem really?

I got Gears and that s**t still doesn't work, even after updating. I Called Tech Support and they dumped me off to Xbox Tech Support. and still nothing.

So I'm at a loss.

So if it's not updates, up to date hardware and not DirectX.... then what is it?
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Crysis ROCKS on XP Pro. I was picky about the MB drivers, and vid card drivers, but it smokes big time on my setup. COD4, another one that rocks the house. Have never seen a game so close to realism, ever.

I think Will maybe can talk about UT3, ?? Not sure if he had XP running or just did it on Vista only. Where's Jago (our resident Vista expert) when you need him.

I'd like to know about GOW also, as I got it for XMas and haven't installed yet.

PuN
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

To find out whats wrong we need to know more then "It crashes" Is there an error message?
Diggy
Retired

Post by Diggy »

There are no errors, thats the wierd thing. It just crashs.

I meet the system req.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

what video card do you have?
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Crysis ROCKS on XP Pro. COD4, another one that rocks the house.

PuN
crysis, cod4, and ut3 work on my system. although, i got gears of war but im thinking on taking it back to put money towards a 360 where i can buy for its "real" system. even though though cod4 is out on 360 as well, that game pwns the $hit out of my pc :twisted:
Diggy
Retired

Post by Diggy »

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT, updated drivers on them.

From what I understand and read that the GT models are better. Or am I wrong?

Or do I need an GTX'S TRI SLI Video Card to run these damn games. Because I can run QuakeWars fine. But I know it doesn't call for the same System Req.

The screen goes blank, some sound then crashs. I meet the Req on the box so.....I don't know what to do. Do I need two cards running at the same time? Is it Ram, I got a Gig.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

It definitely sounds like a driver issue. and yes that card should be able to play gears perfect.

First off uninstall/reinstall Gears to make sure its not the games fault.

What i would do is, go to Nvidia's driver page http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Download the latest drivers for your card. Then I would do this.
Right Click My computer>Click properties.
Go to the hardware tab and click on device manager
Then find your card under display adapters. Right click it and click Uninstall. Restart your computer. Standard basic drivers will be installed. Now install the latest drivers which you had previously downloaded. Restart your computer. Again make sure you have the latest direct X. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Then see if Gears starts. Also Try running it with nothing else up such as xfire, aim, mail notifiers, virus scanners, video recorders such as fraps etc.
Diggy
Retired

Post by Diggy »

I got it working now thanks Sab! I went to the Driver page at like 1:30 today and downloaded patch and c leaned everything up and boost me hard drive and it played. I'm now at the watergate part of the game, not to far into the game. So thanks Sab for everything.

I've been drinking tonight, so sorry if this doesn't make since!

I've had alot to drink! :twisted:

Drunk'n reply! Thanks sab.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

SLI is not double the power like some people think. The two graphics cards share the job, decreasing temperature, increaasing consistency. The 8500GT should be able to handle a game like crysis...maybe.
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

SLI You can use one card has rendering and one has graphics. IF you had TRI SLI You could use one has rendering one has graphics and one has physics
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Return to “General Public Chat”