Duke Nukem Forever Feb 2011

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Duke Nukem Forever Feb 2011

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

It is coming out.. Gearbox is putting the polishing touches on the game. You can check out the trailers and interviews on youtube.

The team of Gearbox is traveling all over the world to introduce the game. It is for sure. Xbox, PS3, and of course. PC

This is a game, that everyone here, will be playing.. I don't even have to say should. It is just going to happen.

I am going to pick up my copy, and proly buy a second just because. Plus a pack of Gum, and kick some ass

:)
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

lol ill have to see it before i believe it
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Nah, you can count on it coming out now that 3DR isn't in charge of it anymore. And I would like to see a bigger Duke Nukem fan in here than me haha. I've been waiting for this for a loooong time.

Back before there was such a thing as pro gaming, I took first place in a Duke3D national (online) tournament and all I got was a pre-release of the Duke Manhattan sidescroller game lol.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. dorkiz wrote:Nah, you can count on it coming out now that 3DR isn't in charge of it anymore. And I would like to see a bigger Duke Nukem fan in here than me haha. I've been waiting for this for a loooong time.

Back before there was such a thing as pro gaming, I took first place in a Duke3D national (online) tournament and all I got was a pre-release of the Duke Manhattan sidescroller game lol.
There was still lots of professional gaming before Duke 3D :P

I highly doubt this game will be much better than awful, but nonetheless I'll be picking up a copy on the morning of release most likely. Been playing Duke sidescrollers since I was 4...good old DOS.
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

Same I loved the old school Duke Nukem sidescroller, sigh the great old days!
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Hadriel wrote:
eXg. dorkiz wrote:Nah, you can count on it coming out now that 3DR isn't in charge of it anymore. And I would like to see a bigger Duke Nukem fan in here than me haha. I've been waiting for this for a loooong time.

There was still lots of professional gaming before Duke 3D :P

I highly doubt this game will be much better than awful, but nonetheless I'll be picking up a copy on the morning of release most likely. Been playing Duke sidescrollers since I was 4...good old DOS.
Not really much for computer gaming back then... The only FPS games out were wolfenstein, D3d, and Doom. Of course there were always little mini tournaments, but nothing too serious. I think it'll be a fun game though. :)
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

basically the people over there at gearbox know that everyone has been waiting around forever. And... the hype has been built up around the game so much about how it will be etc... that it has taken a long time to just put out. I am glad when I have heard interview after interview, that their main concern wasn't those people that were like is it going to be the end all be all game of the new ages.

The thing that Made Duke so good, was the whole idea of Duke. What made him him... and its the same thing that made Grand theft Auto so good. The people that made it basically said, look we are going to make a game that has everything you can just imagine involved, and we are not going to sensor anything. It is what it is. period. You don't like it, don't play it. It's duke baby. Hail to the king or Die !

Basically they are saying that it will play true to the duke 3d era, and pay tribute to the game that started everything with this character, or at least took it to another level. It's going to be great fun, and get people back into the ass kicking mood of FPS again. So for all of that, some naked Chicks, and some awesome one liners. I don't think you can beat it.

I'm exceptionally glad as well that Visually it should look a lot smoother than Duke 3d did. ;)

Also as far as Duke 3d is concerned. I heard there is also a remake of Duke3d something called like Duke 3d reloaded or something. I think that will be great fun as well since they are using the Unreal engine to remake that as well.

I agree it isn't going to be anything ground breaking. Then again they say all the same things. It's a great time for it to come out, because these days. Unfortunately everything like the peeps over at ESR have their holes all tightened up so much with gaming that everyone doesn't know how to have fun anymore.

Can you tell I'm excited. !!!!!!!! Dorkiz.. we are going to have to get playing man.. I'm uber siked.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I actually did alot of research on Duke, the numerous delays, and found the MOST surprising thing, was the LEGAL aspect, which apparently drove alot of it off the cliff. Didn't know that. The standing rumor was that they just didn't know when good enough was good enough, which apparently was far less of a problem than the others.

I can remember, spending COUNTLESS hours when me and Frag were a LOT younger, hehe, playing Duke 3D, modem to modem, just having mad fun.

I would actually like to see a somewhat re-vamped version of that, with modern network/packet code, as opposed to a completely redone, eye candy mickity muck.

Come get some !!!!
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Yea... Modem to modem was the only way to go. Until Cable internet came around and then you'd ping better with iC than with modem-modem lol.

I remember Hollywood vs c-eAGLE. That was like the demo of a lifetime to watch. I remember thinking how that guy was unbeatable, until I modemed him when I was starting to hit my prime and only lost 10-5.

Duke3d is by far the best FPS game ever. The memories, the gameplay, etc. And yes, 3DR did have issues thinking it was never good enough, and they would completely revamp it to a new engine because they wanted it to be perfect.

Renth will also be on the bandwagon of people dropping a part of life to be playing this all night as well haha. Him and I still talk about playing when we do Quake and s**t. I <3 Quake, but I give my life to Duke. :P
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

its only coming out because gearbox is awesome
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Any of you guys actually have your old DN3D CD's ?? Been doing some testing with EDuke32, and it's crazy. All you have to do is download EDuke32, then copy/paste the .grp file from the original CD into the folder, and boom. Vista, XP, ultra high res, no sound issues, and you can run/join servers too.

dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Yea.... EDuke works and s**t, but I need to get a way to emulate it into DOS so I can FRAPS some of my old demos and s**t. And I have one up on you there. I have an unopened box of Duke3D still, along with a never been used Duke3D mouse pad hehe. Oh, and a Duke3D tattoo. Should I keep going? :P
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Any of you guys actually have your old DN3D CD's ?? Been doing some testing with EDuke32, and it's crazy. All you have to do is download EDuke32, then copy/paste the .grp file from the original CD into the folder, and boom. Vista, XP, ultra high res, no sound issues, and you can run/join servers too.

I still have my disks somewhere, definitely going to have to try this out. Thanks Pun!
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Never played DN been trying out Eduke with a ripped file to get it to work :P

BOY DO I SUCK

Takes me 4 fkn EVA to figure out where the fok im suppose to go ofter times im missing some very foked up hidden switches

Harder to do with 1 hand then quake -,-

Return to “General Public Chat”