Question about Windows 7 Product Keys

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Question about Windows 7 Product Keys

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

Hey guys i have a question..

a friend of mine has Win 7 Pro its installed on her laptop.. she installed the 32bit, it has a 64bit disk as well.. would the key be able to be used more then once..

Cuz my other friend has a copy of home basic that came with 3 uses on 1 key.. so im just wanting to know if thats possable.. cuz id like to have a new OS on my pc when i redo it in a couple weeks..
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

ok, you will find that you will reinstall and "might" have to telephone the activation if it is unsuccessful. But windows 7 is pretty savvy, so it will be pretty straight forward.

as for your second question, you can use that but you will have home basic, ew...
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

ok, so i could use my friends 64bit Pro version and would just have to call in to activate it..?

and would that mess with her laptop that she has win7 pro on?
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

eXg. Pheon1x wrote:ok, so i could use my friends 64bit Pro version and would just have to call in to activate it..?

and would that mess with her laptop that she has win7 pro on?
you could technically install the product on an infinite amount of machines as long as every time you call in you tell them your reinstalling your os on the same pc.
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

but if you confusing the question and are really asking can you install the one from your girls laptop to your computer and hers still be okey, its a one use license more thank likely. So she will get a popup stating that she me be subject to counterfeiting.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

eXg. CaMeL wrote:but if you confusing the question and are really asking can you install the one from your girls laptop to your computer and hers still be okey, its a one use license more thank likely. So she will get a popup stating that she me be subject to counterfeiting.
So like if i just told them over the phone that my pc had a nasty virus and i had to wipe my pc, and i couldnt find the key that came with the disk and need a replacment. Would that give her any problems..? =O
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

can't use two keys at the same time if connected to the internet. windows update will force conterfeit notices.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

ah. well s**t.. ok.. so i might as well just buy a copy myself then Rofl.. was planing on taking the cheap way out.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I think Camel's right on this one. Unless you had a PC that was never going to be connected to the mothership. :P
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:I think Camel's right on this one. Unless you had a PC that was never going to be connected to the mothership. :P
Rofl ya the pc will be connected to the mothership.
so ima just get a student discount on pro its only 65$
=O

just found this out a few hours ago. =D
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Snap, 65 (I love free as much as the next guy), really ain't bad. :)
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Snap, 65 (I love free as much as the next guy), really ain't bad. :)
Yup gunna get that and a new video card for my pc here, and save up for my next pc build. =D

Return to “General Public Chat”