Sad, but he WAS a gamer.

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Sad, but he WAS a gamer.

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I'm sure you all know about the shooting in AZ, the families destroyed, impacted, and of course now all of the BS that is surrounding it. I read today that sadly, the shooter was at some point a gamer. I will post the link to the story below, and it is a slightly long read, but you've read longer, and without trying to minimize the damage he caused to all the families, I had a few people calling and asking, "This didn't happen on the EXG Forums did it ?"

Glad we mod stuff tightly, and run a tight ship here folks, you never know.
God bless those who died, their families, those who were wounded, and effected by this guy.

Accused Shooter Wrote on Gaming Site of His Job Woes, Rejection by Women...
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

I agree with you pun, we mod tightly here and we are a tight knit group that if someone was feeling depressed, emotional, etc. we all come together to help that person. We are a family and watch out for one another. It is just sad to see how the media is politicizing the situation and using it for their personal gain. So sad, but I guess they go by Rahm Emanuels quote "Never let a crisis go to waste". Its a sad day to see our government taking advantage of another tragedy.

One love exg, one love.
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

Well that'll be the Government hard at work with that one. They always seem to blame those who aren't responsible for a set tragedy like gaming. But they do anyway, you know the tragedies in schools that were blamed for shooting up a a set school was because of a game or The Matrix.

I've dabbled in psychology off an on over the years and I'd rule out gaming as the mane reason he did this; now as to loneliness, ignored etc. as to why he did this is possible. He wasn't stable mentally to think correctly, with as much anger and aggression at hand which was stated with loneliness and being ignored I'd say that all of those symptoms all rolled together may have broke him mentally to do such a thing.

As to what he said about lonely people are asking it to be raped is insane. Everyone are lonely from time to time but no one, the ones whom have their head on straight, would say "yeah I think I'll get raped today, because I'm lonely." no doesn't happen. Now the ones who stage a raping to get attention or gain popularity have some nuts loose.

Everyone deals with stress, aggression, loneliness etc. from time to time, god knows I'm going through it right now with the loss of my job for two months now. But not one have I thought of actually going through with the idea of burning a place down or blowing it up because I am sane at the moment. Meaning unemployment drives you crazy, and it does - you just have to keep your mind busy and try to keep your mind off of it as much as you can and look for a job.

Everything about this guy could have been prevented if some had looked at situation and tried to help him, but no one did and he snapped. It happens people snap all the time, it's just what they do after the snap is what matters, if they don't watch the person of interest things like this will happen over and over again. There were patterns there that would had tipped them off, but no one did from what I've seen on this matter. But the press hasn't said much about the gaming things since he stepped away from it for a year and came back, so that wasn't the motive. It is unclear as to the full motive is or if we'll ever understand as to what his full motive really is.

But I can tell you right now he was:

Depressed
Angry
Aggressive
Had a lot of Aggression
Lonely
And ultimately the list could go on.

No one is really sure as to why he really did this, and no one is really if they ever will. But he wanted attention, and by doing this he got it. What all of these types of people want after they do something like this is to get attention. The only way to stop it is to stop talking about it, never give these people the satisfaction of being popular.

Because in turn your fueling them.

D!ggy.

Return to “General Public Chat”