For all you NexFlix lovers

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

For all you NexFlix lovers

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

It's not that I'm anti-streaming, but I had been wondering for awhile now, exactly HOW the providers, and backbones were dealing with the massive increase in data traffic with streaming catching on like it has. Many people never thought about it, just jumped, sang songs, happy as hell to get unlimited whatever, streamed for $8.00/month. Hehe, well apparently the issue is a bit bigger than you would have thought. The gloves are coming off, and Comcast and Level 3, are, hehe, having a disagreement. I don't want to tell you what's coming, but then again, ............. you probably already know.

Comcast vs. Level 3: Online Netflix traffic causes fee fight

How Comcast became a toll-collecting, nuke-wielding hydra
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

yes, i found that mediacom (a subsidary of Comcast) my isp is put bandwidth caps to 250gb a month. Im not an average user and can transfer up to 20GB a night or more.
Nukechickn
Ogame Wing

Post by Nukechickn »

Does this make me a bad guy for buying the wife a netflix subscription?...In the infinitely wise words of Rex from 'Toy Story'...."great, now I feel guilt!"
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hehe, don't worry Nuke, it may turn out that the rest of us (I don't have Netflix), will subsidize your bandwidth sucking ways via higher prices, and lower bandwidth caps.

We love you, and therefore we give to you. :)
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

That blows for you guys, here in Canada we've already had caps for ages though.

Currently paying $59.99/m for just 80gb, $1.50 for each Gb over. Largest plan you can even have is 175gb/m for $99.99. Sucks ass

Return to “General Public Chat”