Black Ops for the XBox 360 review

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Black Ops for the XBox 360 review

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I just got done with the SP and a few zombie games on the XB. Had it for awhile, didn't have time to try it until now. Lotta reviews out there, but here's my take from a PC gaming perspective.

Wasn't overly thrilled with the SP, which was completely the opposite with the previous games' SP. It seems as if they put alot of time into the cut scenes, lead up scenes, and not as much into the game. Storyline was hard if not impossible to follow most of the time. Enemy AI was fair, but not much more. Having to wait, wait, WAIT through TOO many cut scenes was almost enough to just turn it off right there. This included many times where it did NOT say "Press A to skip", and you are left mashing buttons, holding buttons, desperately trying to skip into the action. I found it frustrating (probably a console thing) trying to sprint, jump, due to having to hold sticks down, then trying to tap jump button afterwards without letting off stick. Beyond that, got jammed up in the infamous Dark Room Bug, which is not limited to any console, scratched or dirty DVD, or any issues with the console (finally got past it after 45 minutes of searching Google for a fix), which was pretty bad news for the game.

Beyond that, later in the game, it became even more frustrating dying repeatedly while having to do a specific task (which you've never done before, and unsure HOW to do), only to die over and over until you finally figured it out. Whew.

End of game was pretty much a let down, lost in the confusing mish mosh of cut scenes trying to somehow tie it all together, so ehhhh for that. Probably the BEST part OF the game, was after you complete the SP mission. For me at least (no spoiler here) that was the BEST part.

Zombies were decent (hard solo), and not on XBLive yet, so, time will tell.

Overalll, being a PC gamer maybe this isn't a super fair review, but overall, I give the SP a 5 out of 10. May have to get the PC version, and/or pony up and see what the MP / XBLive is about, but thus far, wasn't overly impressed.

Feedback ??
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

try it on pc old man

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

m1nd wrote:try it on pc old man
+1

So much better on pc.
eXg. HollowPo1nt
Number Two

Post by eXg. HollowPo1nt »

Bah .... xbox haters! :shock:
eXg.Ground Zero
Forum Master

Post by eXg.Ground Zero »

I agree Pun. The SP sucked.
"Friend ship lives in the soul of everyone"
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

eXg. CaMeL wrote:
m1nd wrote:try it on pc old man
+1

So much better on pc.
yo cam hit me up soon i got some questions about mcitp certs xx

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Downloaded it played few levels and deleted what a pile of s**t

i dont hate xbox pc gamers are just top of the food chain sorry Wes :P
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Well not hating on the XB, I played the hell outta Halo (original) on the first XB, never went online, and had loads of fun. On the XB Slim, only have Black Ops, and Halo Reach. Actually had loads of fun again, with the Halo, but the BO, seemed, off.

Will try to see if I can get the $$$$ for XBLive, and see how the MP works out.
eXg. HollowPo1nt
Number Two

waitin on ya PUN! :wink:
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

KK, you rich biatch you. :)
eXg. HollowPo1nt
Number Two

Well sorry to say Pun the NFO clan backed out yesterday on our clan match....scared :shock:
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Well shitz0rz. I have to get with you guys Wes, so we can make this MORE official. Our acitvity level hasn't been the highest lately with everyone being soo busy.
eXg. HollowPo1nt
Number Two

NP bro for real I have plenty of time and my guys on xbox just wanted to make sure this clan was as kewl as i said it was ...I know they registered but I told them I had to get with you on site details .. As always Pun I leave it in your capable hands :wink:
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Wes, maybe you and I can Vent tonight. I had temp. disabled new reg's to cut back on a particular German spambot, hehe.

Have any of them registered here already that need activated ?
eXg. HollowPo1nt
Number Two

ahhh I think I posted names ...cant remember which thread though.....the most important 2 are
eXg Okit
eXg Toomstone

the others Ill get with you but didnt want to slam you with to many peeps all at once :shock: :wink:

Return to “General Public Chat”