??

Something about anything goes here.
hadriel
Open Roster

??

Post by hadriel »

I know it sucks when a soldier of any country dies, but what does a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan have anything to do with a gaming site? lol

Just thought it was kind of an odd news posting for here and wondering what the rationale for posting it under exg news was?
eXg.Ground Zero
Forum Master

Re: ??

Post by eXg.Ground Zero »

Hadriel wrote:I know it sucks when a soldier of any country dies, but what does a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan have anything to do with a gaming site? lol

Just thought it was kind of an odd news posting for here and wondering what the rationale for posting it under exg news was?
We post un gaming related news in there all the time look back in the archives. Besides that. If I heard when a American soldier dies I would be posting them up to.

We all owe them lots of respect. :roll:
"Friend ship lives in the soul of everyone"
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

EXG is the new CNN.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

woah, I see new tags in the near future..

CNN. GroundZero
CNN. TrueGift
CNN. Pun1sher

JK :D
Despised or idolized... either way I'm recognized!
Don't be so quick to judge me You only see what I choose to show
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I kinda thought the same thing, but GZ's trying to help out, and that's seldom ever a bad thing, so I didn't really delve deeper into it than that.
hadriel
Open Roster

Re: ??

Post by hadriel »

eXg.Ground Zero wrote:
Hadriel wrote:I know it sucks when a soldier of any country dies, but what does a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan have anything to do with a gaming site? lol

We post un gaming related news in there all the time look back in the archives. Besides that. If I heard when a American soldier dies I would be posting them up to.

We all owe them lots of respect. :roll:
Just don't see the relevance really. And I've never seen any similar news posts before.

And yea fair enough Pun
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Ok Matt, I made a MO BETTER NEWS story now. :)
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Ok Matt, I made a MO BETTER NEWS story now. :)
hehe, I approve!

Although I'd approve more if it was a PC division and not xbox! ;) :P

Glad to see Wes back and kicking again tho, hope the division works out. :)
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hehe, I hear you Matt. I always appreciate when my guys help out, and GIVE back, much like YOU did, with your countless EXG Videos, so I really didn't give the original news story a second glance. Your feedback is always welcome, as usual.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

I agree Lol. more into the PC aspect of gaming then xbox but hey. to each there own. =D
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Well Matt, and Pheon1x, believe me, I HEAR YOU !!!!!!

I get s**t from Conviction as to why I bought an XBox3 slim, and I told him, I tried, and tried and tried to play on my nephew's PS, and although the controllers are similar, I couldn't do a damn thing WITH it on the PS. The XB at least I am kinda used to, ................ kinda.

With that said, even being able to KINDA use the XB controller, it's just NOT NOT NOT the same thing. Limited buttons/actions, and the biggest thing, I think, is the robotic panning side to side (you set ONE speed, hit the top hat/ stick) and spin to find a target at a fixed rate, which suppa suppa sucks.

I'm not ready to give up on PC gaming, been doing it too long, and it just seems to really blow consoles out of the water, but, Wes and many others ARE on the consoles, so we're going to see what we can get going in that regard.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Can't say I really blame you or anyone else and to be honest, if I were to take any fps seriously again I think console is pretty much the only way to do it now. As much as I love Quake, the little population that it had is dying off especially now that the game has been dropped by wcg and is likely being dropped from IEM. I think it's the end of Duel fps's run since QL was meant to gauge interest in a 5th installment.

As much as it kinda sucks all of the current competition for fps is Halo Reach and the latest call of duty for Xbox. PC cod has never taken off in any serious professional league recently. Counter-strike is pretty much the last strand of competitive fps out there and I feel that it's gradually phasing out as well.

Honestly, I really feel that blizzard and valve are the only 2 remaining hopes for anything competitive on pc because they release the only games that out-populate their console counterparts (well for valve anyway, don't think blizzard is even planning on releasing for consoles). Hopefully valve will get working on a new engine soon and release an updated, more competitive CS. Blizzard is really the only company that seems to be investing into competitive play with sc2 and it's been far more successful than I would have ever imagined. Generally at least 3 ongoing tournaments/leagues going per night.

So yea, as much as I hate console fps, apparently that's the way of the future it seems.
eXg. HollowPo1nt
Number Two

Post by eXg. HollowPo1nt »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/flqk7sQeW_E[/youtube]

Its on Xbox ....So yea I think eXg needs to be around :wink:
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Nicely written and articulated Matt.
eXg.Ground Zero
Forum Master

Post by eXg.Ground Zero »

hadriel wrote:Can't say I really blame you or anyone else and to be honest, if I were to take any fps seriously again I think console is pretty much the only way to do it now. As much as I love Quake, the little population that it had is dying off especially now that the game has been dropped by wcg and is likely being dropped from IEM. I think it's the end of Duel fps's run since QL was meant to gauge interest in a 5th installment.

As much as it kinda sucks all of the current competition for fps is Halo Reach and the latest call of duty for Xbox. PC cod has never taken off in any serious professional league recently. Counter-strike is pretty much the last strand of competitive fps out there and I feel that it's gradually phasing out as well.

Honestly, I really feel that blizzard and valve are the only 2 remaining hopes for anything competitive on pc because they release the only games that out-populate their console counterparts (well for valve anyway, don't think blizzard is even planning on releasing for consoles). Hopefully valve will get working on a new engine soon and release an updated, more competitive CS. Blizzard is really the only company that seems to be investing into competitive play with sc2 and it's been far more successful than I would have ever imagined. Generally at least 3 ongoing tournaments/leagues going per night.

So yea, as much as I hate console fps, apparently that's the way of the future it seems.

Yeah, PC gaming world is dieing. I don't know if you play Command and Conquer any but that used to be one of the highist rated and played games but now after EA released C&C 4 the game died.... VERY QUICK!

Consoles are the way to go sadly enough

gz
"Friend ship lives in the soul of everyone"

Return to “General Public Chat”