Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Kevin323
Forum N00b

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Post by eXg. Kevin323 »

So anyone out there considering this game? I'm sure going to pre-order it as soon as it's available. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-St ... _Offensive
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

Mr. Magical showing up for the first time in ages? ;)

Possibly considering :P Depening on reviews and beta, etc..
Despised or idolized... either way I'm recognized!
Don't be so quick to judge me You only see what I choose to show
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

I am 99% sure I will be. Just can't pass up an fps with working match-making. I've been playing css again while I wait for the beta. (should be going live within the month)
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Sounds like it might be worth a second look.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

It looks terrible. Its basically a redone CS:S to match the modern fps style for casual gamers. I will not be getting it as it does not look any different.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. sabooya wrote:It looks terrible. Its basically a redone CS:S to match the modern fps style for casual gamers. I will not be getting it as it does not look any different.
You clearly didn't read into this game whatsoever.
Last edited by hadriel on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

hadriel wrote:
eXg. sabooya wrote:It looks terrible. Its basically a redone CS:S to match the modern fps style for casual gamers. I will not be getting it as it does not look any different.
Its just a rework of CS:S. If it was just a CS:S update okay fine. But i really don't want to buy a new Counterstrike game that is basically exactly the same, minus a new visual style. Its basically valve selling out to consoles.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/tN93xXfews4[/youtube]
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

-the game is closer in resemblance to 1.6 than source
-its being developed alongside pro 1.6 teams
-Valve's statements have indicated it will target the competitive community rather than the casuals
-the game will feature ranked ELO matchmaking- the first time this has ever been done and tracked in any competitive fps

Even if it was just 1.6 plus matchmaking (which its not) this would be a worthwhile game to pickup. MLG can finally drop those crappy cod games off of their pro circuit.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

hadriel wrote:MLG can finally drop those crappy cod games off of their pro circuit.
id be okay with that
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. sabooya wrote:
hadriel wrote:
Its just a rework of CS:S. If it was just a CS:S update okay fine. But i really don't want to buy a new Counterstrike game that is basically exactly the same, minus a new visual style. Its basically valve selling out to consoles.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/tN93xXfews4[/youtube]
The functionality of CS barely changed from 1.6 to source. imo, as long as the product is good, I don't really care for changes; they generally just ruin a series of games that used to be good.

css itself ruined a whole bunch of the stuff that made 1.6 great because of it's changes. There are zero good fps games out there set up for competitive play currently, I don't think this game will get the popularity because people will pass it off as a clone, but as long as its competitive again I could care less.

It's also not going to be a full-price game. Valve already said it will be one of those arcade releases for 360 and PSN, and will run for cheaper than a new full release PC game

Return to “General Public Chat”