Doom 3 BFG Edition

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. zabOmb!
Doom 3

Doom 3 BFG Edition

Post by eXg. zabOmb! »

so i have downloaded BFG edition to my computer! my brother (Cookiebaker), my dad (digger), and i (eXg. zabOmb!) have played it and we all agree, it is most definitely directed to console games. you have no option of mouse sensitivity nor options to change the FOV (Field of View). not even access to the console (ctrl + alt + ~) at all. im not sure if this is a user error, or maybe just a big let down. I'd love to her the opinion of the general public for sure.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Ive also heard the MP is peer to peer? with huge pings? can you verify?
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

multiplayer is like.. l4d somewhat, I don't think theres ded servers what so ever, and the servers that are up , are very laggy from what I hear...

Not sure if to buy, or did they just downgrade from the original doom lol!
Despised or idolized... either way I'm recognized!
Don't be so quick to judge me You only see what I choose to show
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

lmao....slow clap for ID. Glad I didn't end up biting on this then...
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

They did this to bring awareness to the original doom game.. the bfg edition if I am not mistaken.. and correct me if I am wrong, but it came with the original doom game, plus the expansions to Doom 3 etc.. correct?

I heard that they messed with some of the graphics, and brightened the game a bit, basically took some shadow effects away, etc.. so that it would be an appeal to a more mass audience, and also yes they kinda noobed the PC version of it.. It's not bad, but then again, we are all comparing it to the original, which we had the pleasure of playing through since birth of the game, so its not really fair to compare, since we have all played the shiz out of it.

- side note.. the fact that ID software is playing true to some of their roots, with putting out titles like this, even if rebranding them, and sticking them on the shelves is a plus in my opinion. Maybe then we will actually see a doom 4 and quake 5 etc.. better that then, some noob s**t buttom smashing game.

So I hear you guys on one hand.. but kinda cool they are still as gung ho about the game as we all are. ;)
eXg.Ground Zero
Forum Master

Post by eXg.Ground Zero »

hmm I was tempted to get it , but I am still not sure.
"Friend ship lives in the soul of everyone"
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

prolly better off sticking with Origninal D3 to be honest. More fun, you are more familiar with the config files.. etc.. don't have to deal with something with more issues.. If it was strictly $$$ going to ID software then I would say go run out and get it, because I like to support ID, but since they are now associated with a bigger conglomerate company. I don't know who I am supporting anymore..

I miss the hardcore, underground old school days.. ;)
eXg.Ground Zero
Forum Master

Post by eXg.Ground Zero »

Me too man, me too, shes a ghost town here, I'd really enjoy to have some COD firends to play
"Friend ship lives in the soul of everyone"

Return to “General Public Chat”