eXg. p1nghax News update on the Fragmaster

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

eXg. p1nghax News update on the Fragmaster

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

Sup fellas. Long time.

So as most of you know I have been pretty active in the 1v1 scene. I have been consistently getting in games when and where I can. Work makes this a little difficult however I have a pretty good setup now that is a little more conducive to gaming believe it or not. Being that I have a good setup at home with internet now, I am able to game with the trusty laptop which I can't say enough has saved my life up here in Vermont. Thank you Alienware - pun1sher series!!!!

Now having said that, I have been working on piecing together a really good desktop setup for a while now. Unfortunately due to Direct X updates, and Vid card drivers being obsolete for 260 gtx cards I haven't been able to join many of you with some of the new titles. Specifically Reflex the new CPM 1v1 shooter that is out in release on steam that will be the new top tier competitive shooter for tournaments.

So pretty soon I should be good to go. I first am creating a Baddass Custom Gaming Desk which I will get into at a later date. However I have been getting a bunch of crap for my actual Case Choice due to airflow restrictions.. however if I plan on water cooling certain components really that doesn't matter, and its one of those things where its all preference and how you set everything up.

So here we go.

So far it looks like this.... also, just a side note. I found ways around paying retail for any of the things I am listing. So it may sound expensive as far as the components but I assure you.. I literally have been acquiring parts from across the US and Europe to make this happen for an unreal cheap price tag so far.

Competitive Gaming / Content Creation / Streaming Setup

Cue in Baddass Electronic Rock Instrumental ..... haha

- Monitor -
Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q - The world's first WQHD G-SYNC monitor with rapid 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time
Link: http://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/

- Case -
Fatal1ty Zalman fc-ze1 Case -
Link: http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-fatal1ty-fc-ze1.html

- Motherboard -
Asrock Fatal1ty z97 Professional

- CPU -
Intel I7 4770K
- Getting a lot of interesting feedback saying I should have gone with 4790K however, we will see what happens with this. Price wise, this was cheaper and didn't see the reason I needed to bump up yet to the next level proc. Maybe in the future, if I have issues with overclocking this...

- GPU -
EVGA Superclocked GTX 980
- Seemed to be the biggest bang for the buck right now on these cards. I was looking at the Classified Edition as it blows everything out of the water, however I will overclock this anyways past where it is now, so I think it will be fine. Couldn't justify paying extra $200-$300 for a card that like isn't giving you a crazy amount extra.

- PSU -
Fatal1ty OCZ 1000W Power Supply

- Mousepad -
Fatal1ty fatpad

- Mouse -
Currently Windows Mouse Optical, however looking into left handed Razor Deathadder, and Zowie FK since its similar to the windows mouse with a little better sensor... depends.. again personal preference. Might just stick with what works for now.

- Keyboard -
Fatal1ty Eluminx Keyboard x2 :) Craigslist helped me out on this one.

Currently, I have no HDD's or SSD drives for this rig. This is something I am looking into right now, as well as optical drives, blu-ray etc....

Also, I have no OS for this system as well. I don't know enough about Windows 8 to be honest, and would love to have some advice here.

Also, I haven't decided to do anything yet sound card wise as there is some things I want to check out with the onboard sound on the Asock board. I hear its pretty sweet, so I will have to check that out.

- Headphones -
Sony MDR NC-50 Noisecanceling headphones. Cannot literally find these anywhere except for Ebay once in a while, and let me tell you they are pretty legit. Back when Johnathan played in wsvg 2006 he was using these in tournaments. Pun just got a new pair for Christmas ;)

Any suggestions to what else to put together in this would be great. In my opinion I would love to get some of those SSD drives from Intel but we will have to see what I am able to piece together.

Hit me up for a game of quake live in the meantime... guys... or Doom 3... btw, I am hoping this should be enough for the new Doom if we ever get that to come out.

Frag.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Was unaware people still build extensive rigs for pc gaming thought it died down with every pc game essentially being a horrible console port ...

Nt sure about Reflex seems another flawed quake/ut combo

Well you can basicly modify 8.1 to resemble Win 7 which is the only positive point imo.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

I think we need to get back to that point where we do again. Yeah many people still do turn many of the things down in the game when they play competitively. Depends on the game tho, and some of the games like Reflex you mentioned run with the latest versions of Direct X so in many cases you are still going to have to go out and buy a new GPU in order to run certain things. Especially when people like DELL decide to stop supporting driver updates for their laptops..... punkasses.. anyway, rant over.

Believe me tho when I tell you I totally got like 3/4 of this stuff on the cheap. Man, I had to go through a lot of time and effort but it is starting to look like it was worth it.

I mean, example the Power supply I got for like $75 on craigslist

thats a formerly $200+ powersupply for very cheap. Just about everything was like that. GPU was the same, 980's cost around $600 right, well I had a gift card, plus another gift card from my boss from Christmas that I had laying around I didn't know what to use it on and wham... Guess I get a 980 for $35 ;) So its one of those kinda circumstances.

haha.
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

Hey Frag, I always see you floating around the forums looking for a game, never truly found a way to get in touch with you, what messenger/programs you use? (I.e Steam, origin, xfire, skype, etc...)

I may be able to squeeze in a few games here and there if you're interested just give me a shout.

-Havok
Despised or idolized... either way I'm recognized!
Don't be so quick to judge me You only see what I choose to show
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Hey man,

I deleted Xfire since that seemed to be big for a little while and died out. I am on Skype, all the time

Mark.Benson0322 - skype

I am on Steam but I don't for one even know how to use their messenger and 2 - I will be on there when I build my new computer. When that happens I will be getting into Reflex as that might turn into a very good arena 1v1 shooter.

Quake live I am on a lot and you can look me up by my username there

- p1nghax

Return to “General Public Chat”