REBORN FPS 1V1 Game, Reflex FPS 1v1 Game, Doom - aka Doom 4

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

REBORN FPS 1V1 Game, Reflex FPS 1v1 Game, Doom - aka Doom 4

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

Hello everyone. I'm not sure how many of you have continued to follow 1v1 duel after the fall of the WSVG and Quake 4 Q4Max etc etc..

However, I am still pretty active in that community. I really haven't stopped.

I have some news that I have been following for a while, and wanted to give you guys some insight to some upcoming games that will be out or are out for testing in the future here.

There are a few if you are like myself and are into the 1v1 scene still. We obviously have:

Quake live - Which is still very active and have a ton of cups, tournaments, online challenges face-it tv etc.. So this is a great place to practice and get your game together while we await some new titles. This is where basically the best players are still active with so that they can keep their game sharp while awaiting the other new titles to emerge.

Reflex - Now available to test and play in beta, and I believe you can already purchase the game on Kick starter.

http://reflexfps.net/

My apologies actually early access is available on Steam. Granted you are going to need for any of these newer games an OS that is at least newer than XP, and also DX 12 or higher.

Reborn - James "2GD" Harding is a friend, who was a part of the 1v1 scene when Quake 4 Q4 Max was still being played and he made his debut in that with the WSVG as a pro. He was and still is a very good FPS player and has been involved in E-sports not only as an commentator, / shoutcaster, / player, / and now game developer. He has his own twich channel, and also show that you can catch past episodes on youtube called the GD show.

Anyways. Here are some links for you to check out as I'm sure it will bring you up to speed on the development of that game.

Reborn - Downloads
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6jko2 ... n_move.rar
www.reborn.gg/nightly.zip

Vids to check out on the development.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCephVC ... eGagjlsPWQ

Check out the GD Channel on youtube and you are looking for the videos titled The Amazing Reborn show 1 - 6 I believe so far there are.

Doom - aka Doom 4 or whatever you want to call it.
There isn't much out yet, and we will see what is held for the Multiplayer portion of this.

All the best guys,

Mark
eXg. ShooteR
Counter-Strike Source/Admin

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

Reflex looks pretty smooth, like an up to date Warsow. I'm still patiently waiting for the reveal of Doom, it's already been confirmed it's going to be a fast paced arena style game, lots of focus on multiplayer this time around. I can almost guarantee that's when everyone will come back
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

we shall see.. many of the people that we all know from doom are playing quake live, and dabbling in reflex as well as beta testing reborn. I believe reborn is going to be more of a TDM focused game which is fine and fun because its constant action. I am also looking forward to doom, just in the meantime I'm trying to learn as much as I can from as many pro players as possible and make good connections there as to move forward and keep up with the Esports Scene.

I am working on building finally my new computer. I'm going to start a new forum thread on that and give everyone an update on what I have been saving for here, and hopefully with the release of doom this system will be able to compete with the best out there.

I would still play doom 3 a lot more if the Net code was something that was tolerable. Playing something like quake live and seeing how smooth it can be then trying to go back to how choppy doom 3 is.. it just leaves something to be desired.. plainly pisses you off when you chop and CG smashes you from accross the map. You need less than 10 ping to enjoy the game. On lan its great.

:)
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Lost myself in mobile gaming :lol:

Return to “General Public Chat”