Hi Peeps. How ya been?

Something about anything goes here.
deetew
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Hi Peeps. How ya been?

Post by deetew »

Long time no type, fellas. How is life? Hope ya'all are doing good. Anyone excited about Quake Champions? I've been busy trying to get cannabis legalized --lol. I am deetew#11833 in Overwatch if anyone wants to give me an add. Keep your heads up my ol' brothers.
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

Hey man! Nice to see people still writing and talking! If anything that shows we should all get on one platform where we can all hit eachother up. Lifes been busy on my end, but always got time for gaming, recently been reuniting some eXg players through steam with getting a hold of furt1v3 and d|stance and all them. You use any chat programs? Would be nice to have more brothers to play and chat. eXgOnToP!

Look forward to hearing from you,
HavoK 8)
Despised or idolized... either way I'm recognized!
Don't be so quick to judge me You only see what I choose to show
eXg. ShooteR
Counter-Strike Source/Admin

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

Nice to hear from you! This place has been a ghost town for like 6 years, it's unfortunate. Add me on steam exgshooter

I ran into g0dm0de playing the new Doom recently, we've talked about 1v1's in Doom 3 when we get the time, you should join us 8)
deetew
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by deetew »

I think my Doom 3 days are quite over. I'm off to newer frontiers with big player bases. I'm liking Overwatch at the moment. Fatal1ty is also playing Overwatch. Season 2 comes out soon. Ya'all should hit me up on battle.net deetew#11833. I saw G0dm0de at Quakecon last year; it was my 2nd time seeing him there. --Cool guy. When Kev gets a better rig, he will be playing OW too. I didn't like the new doom game. I mean, it's alright, but the loadouts and the lack of strafe jumping are just some of my complaints. Thump4 has been playing OW. Many peeps are going to OW, and the game sold 15 million copies. I hope to reunite there. Cheers!
eXg. ShooteR
Counter-Strike Source/Admin

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

Overwatch is definitely not my cup of tea, I'm looking forward to Quake Champions though!
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Haven't checked out Overwatch, as RL has been kicking my butt around a bit. Haven't even checked out the new Doom yet, but I'm going to just for nostalgia. Frag just had a baby up in Vermont, so we're all staying busy.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

deetew wrote:I think my Doom 3 days are quite over. I'm off to newer frontiers with big player bases. I'm liking Overwatch at the moment. Fatal1ty is also playing Overwatch. Season 2 comes out soon. Ya'all should hit me up on battle.net deetew#11833. I saw G0dm0de at Quakecon last year; it was my 2nd time seeing him there. --Cool guy. When Kev gets a better rig, he will be playing OW too. I didn't like the new doom game. I mean, it's alright, but the loadouts and the lack of strafe jumping are just some of my complaints. Thump4 has been playing OW. Many peeps are going to OW, and the game sold 15 million copies. I hope to reunite there. Cheers!
I'll throw you an add. I was playing quite a bit of OW at the beginning of s2, but then broke my wrist... once I'm all healed up I plan to jump back in. I'm not great at the game, but was playing high plat with a group of some friends from school.

eQuals jumps in every so often, but got picked up by a premier team in csgo this season.

I'll be back into OW, CS, and also play some hots too.

Quake Champions seems intriguing, but my expectations are low. If diabotical takes off I may jump into that next year
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

I wouldn't mind hitting up eQuals in some csgo, havent heard that name in years! And I added you up on battlenet deteew, sorry I havent really written, usually on steam, Ill have to change that! Hope everyones well, yea think Doom4 was bit of a bust, definitely not a "competitive game" - anyone check out the new BF1? Thats game kicks ass, me and Jago been hitting up games on there!
Despised or idolized... either way I'm recognized!
Don't be so quick to judge me You only see what I choose to show
eXg. Tokealot1919
Inactive

Post by eXg. Tokealot1919 »

I will be getting quake Champions for sure guys! I will get my gaming rig in a few months time now when saved up money allows me to manage what I build, but I want to actually have a piece that will be worth spending the money on. IDK about you guys, but I'm the kind of person who will save up 3g's for a PC with all of the accessories of course to make it as fun as possible! And as realistic because I mean cmon! If your're going to spend money you might as well do it RIGHT! :-) and go all out!!!!!! HEHEHE :lol: Can't Wait to see you all in Quake Champions! I have a feeling its going to be gnarly you guys! I'm so excited almost as excited as I was for Doom 3! From what i see in trailers that is! We will see though! For now, I am in Doom 3 and Cs: Go and Cs: Source if anyone wants to grab a game! Oh and also Quake 4! great game guys! Lets play for fun! I feel like everyone is so serious now and its not about having fun to most. It's about winning. Not me. I like to play to play! If anyone feels like that lets play together please! You only live once! Life is too short so love the ones and things you got in life because you might get run over or you might get shot!
~Brad Nowell --------Sublime--------- I mixed up some words in there ;) 8) :shock: :P :wink:
Steam ID: Tokealot1919
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

hey hey guys.

So yes baby life has me all over the place, however that didn't stop me from playing quake this entire time. I have been constantly in the scene with the top players in Quake for the last 5 years or so from Zar, Rapha, Dahang, Griffin when he is on, Evil, Cypher, etc etc... those guys as well as the normal guys that pub it up a lot on there.

Been practicing all the time really, just playing a different game I guess than most of you guys.

regarding the new doom. I very much enjoyed the single player. The multi player feels more like halo than quake, you can't really get any advantage with movement which really kinda killed it for me. Don't get me wrong, there are some very great inovative things but I'm still stuck on the 1v1 scene of things.

Regarding over watch... That is okay, and I played around with it. But that is a Team Fortress 2 game basically with new characters, and meta with new graphics, and a bunch of money thrown behind it for tournament play. It has been great, and people enjoy it, but again I have been trying to stick to where the highest level of skill is.

So that brings me back to Doom. ;) Doom 3 has just been reinstalled, and for those of you who are running wide screen monitors I have some settings that will allow you to run it full widescreen if you are interested. I can post up my config, as well as network settings.

So I will be in there practicing a bit for those that would like to play some doom 3 look for p1nghax or fragmaster ;)

All the best guys.

Mark
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

Hey! A little late to this party but I figured I'd post anyway...

Doing good over here. I was playing Quake Live actively at its peak, heavily involved in competitive CTF. I left QL in 2013 or so to focus on my career full time, but with Quake Champions coming out soon I'm considering getting involved again. Hopefully, they'll have a CTF mode, but even if they don't I've seen some clips on YouTube and the gameplay looks pretty good to me so far. I've been living abroad for the past few months on a sabbatical, but hope to be back in the US sometime in mid to late 2017 - perhaps in time to go to this year's Quakecon. Most of my friends from the competitive scene in QL have hopped over to Overwatch, but they've also indicated some interest in Champions so we'll have to see if they end up playing both.

Return to “General Public Chat”