Update for Website - Ackowlades for all of the eXg peeps

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Update for Website - Ackowlades for all of the eXg peeps

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

Hey everyone. I'm putting together some content to do something really cool for eXg. and revamp some things since we are all under some sort of quarantine atm.. I figured now is no better time, and since we have the time I wanted to see if this was possible to get done.

Here is what I'm looking for:

1. Any and all online, and offline tournaments that any of the eXg players have played in and placed, or at least have even competed in. I'm going to create a list and then this can be a showcase peace for the website. So even if you attended Quakecons and jumped into tournaments, and placed somewhere would be nice to see that we were active for all of this time. The good stuff will make it's way to the top, etc..

2. If there are any screenshots, pictures etc... from over the years of a lot of these things mentioned in #1 we can add those so please post in this thread to get that started.

3. Do any of you currently stream on Twitch.. I'm going to look to add this piece to the site as to showcase steamers, and since you are an eXg. member this would make sense to do. I'm working on trying to set all of that up myself so if there are any of you who are really experience in it, please hit me up.

* My goal is to make sure that now when I choose to game, which has typically been almost every day at least some time. Typically later at night when the rest of the family goes to sleep, I'll jump on Either Vent / Discord, Steam chat, and hopefully Twitch... So that way we are accessable to each other if need be.

I feel like this is what kinda messed everything up a while back, yes families and other life stuff but also there quickly became 20 different platforms to communicate from and we never really settled on just 1-3 things.

This is a start, as well as taking a look at the current site and really taking a look at what works, what worked and copy over, as well as what didn't / why it didn't and is it worth it to salvage or just keep that in a directory for the future someday.

Thanks for everyones help.. I'll try to reach out to each of you directly as well via the different chat platforms and see if this can be something we get put on here.

Best,

Mark "Frag" Benson
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Hey Mark,

Been a while and hope you're doing well bud.

1. I don't even have any record of old tourneys I played in for Doom/Quake anymore. Not sure if anyone else kept records from those days. The only lans I've played in have been local ones in Toronto for CS. The only recent result I have is from Diabotical:

Diabotial Beginners Duel Beta Cup #4- 7th/8th.

2. Nothing unfortunately :(

3. My pc can't handle streaming without massive drops in performance so I gave up on it.

I honestly don't really game that much anymore. I'll be playing Diabotical once that goes back into open beta, eQuals and I still play some Quake Live now and then and I've been playing a bit of Valorant casually for an hour or so per week.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Got it.. I'll check with Pun to see whether there is a good way or not to scour the forums, because I believe all of that stuff is in here somewhere, but to be able to find it is another story. Just a would be nice to have kind of a thing. In the meantime I'll get to work on the new look, and see what cool things we can add to maybe get the players in once in a while.

Best,

Mark
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

I'm definitely active enough online, especially given the Quarantine. I can probably help find some of those logs in the forums and on youtube, maybe even make that request in the doom 3 oldschoolers steam group + the eXg Discord. Also, I don't do a lot of streaming but I have, do have an account, and the capability to do so. I have a few people I game with regularly as well who may take an interest in the revamp and potentially branching out to MW, new dooms, Destiny 2 has been a big one for PvE/PvP large scale co-op as well. Not sure what direction everyone wants to go, but please not over watch or fortnite haha.

eXgOnToP!
Despised or idolized... either way I'm recognized!
Don't be so quick to judge me You only see what I choose to show
eXg. ShooteR
Counter-Strike Source/Admin

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

I've been away from PC gaming for quite some time. I played Doom 2016 quite a bit actually, ran with a crew that ended up taking 1st in a 2v2 tourney at Quakecon in 2016 but since then I've hopped in CSGO a handful of times, and that's it.

I've been playing a lot of Xbox live, Black ops 4 battle royale and Warzone now. I'm really interested in both Valorant and Diabotical when they release however, that'll probably be enough to get me back on my PC consistently.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

This can be a small start.. There is a bit that I have found so far in the forums.. so just a matter of time and tracking it all down.. might be an ongoing thing that can continue to be updated while the rest gets sorted.

Also, I'm working on streaming / getting it all setup.. would like to put together an official Exg. streaming setup video from start to finish to go over what it takes to get all of that set up.

If you guys have any input on how to do such things would be great to get a list and tips and tricks to help others who might want to start doing something similar.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Found a dump with some more of my accomplishments.

CSGO
VPP Community Tournament- Team 905- 1st
Enthusiast Gaming Live- Outer Space Skeletons- 3rd
ESEA Open S13- playoffs
ESEA Intermediate S14- playoffs

Quake Live
Step It Up Cup #2- 4th

Quake 4
Excello NA Quake 4 Cup #2- 5th

Guild Wars
The Dopplegangers- Peaked 4th NA ladder
The Knights Templar- Peaked 2nd NA ladder

Other Competitive Games Played
Red Faction- TDM/CTF- ladro clan
Star Wars Battlefront- The Spartan Clan
Doom 3- duel/CTF/TDM- eXtreme Gaming Clan (eXg)

Diabotical
Diabotial Beginners Duel Beta Cup #4- 7th/8th
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Re: Update for Website - Ackowlades for all of the eXg peeps

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

eXg. Frag///aster wrote: Here is what I'm looking for:

1. Any and all online, and offline tournaments that any of the eXg players have played in and placed, or at least have even competed in. I'm going to create a list and then this can be a showcase peace for the website. So even if you attended Quakecons and jumped into tournaments, and placed somewhere would be nice to see that we were active for all of this time. The good stuff will make it's way to the top, etc..

2. If there are any screenshots, pictures etc... from over the years of a lot of these things mentioned in #1 we can add those so please post in this thread to get that started.

I'll have to do some digging Frag, see what's where. LOL because I stumbled across this....

http://exg-clan.com/tournament/
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Damn this board needs some getting used to.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hehe, I hear you @SunTzu. I miss our older TrenZ themed setup that @Ruiner found, waaaay back when. Sadly, once the Apache box got the PHP update, some of the older software wasn't backwards compatible. It was actually QUITE a chore trying to save the DB, but it's done.

:)

Return to “General Public Chat”