Perfect1on
Forum Elite

Post by Perfect1on »

That's exactly what's going to replace men on the battlefield
Specs:
Amd 4800+ Dual Core (2.41ghz)
BFG 8800gt oc 512mb
Asus M2n32-sli motherboard
WD 150 Raptor X harddrive (10,000rpm, 16mb cache)
3 gigs of Corsair XMS ram
550w PSU Antec
X-fi Fatal1ty sound blaster
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

Notice the HEADSHOT part. I love that shizzy. And did you watch the vid? Man, I would HATE to be the guy face to face with that thing. Remember ED-209? Ah those were the days... now they are coming to our reality! Nuts eh?
Ducki]\[shotS
Forum Bot

Post by Ducki]\[shotS »

o wow, thats the first one?
Chrysus
Forum Regular

Post by Chrysus »

military technology pwns!

i've kicked back & had a few discussions about this with brad (cryptic stealth) who is also as into as i am.
an article i read in one of the british tabloids the other was about some doctor in a english university somewhere claiming to have made a device that generates microwave radiation and spins it around any object at high sppeds making the item 100% invisible to radar & sonar. he claims that with tweaking he could do the same with light making an object completelly invisible. trying to find the article online for all those interested, just bear with me.
almost all of us know (if not played) tom clancys advanced war fighter. this game was closley developed with the us military on weapons that are currentlly in testing or undergoing development.. i found a picture of an article a few years back with the newer project of soldier they are working on that will be ready by 2030. the article was republished just the other week so i'll get it on the scanner & post it up soon.

bob you rember being in cali a few year ago and the sky roared (what ou imagine god would sound like if he was seriouslly pissed up there) and made the groud shake? well there never was an explanation as to what that was but they got an aerial shot of the earth from space and it showed a stream of what looked like exhaust smoke sweeping across the earth and scientists said it looked like pulse technology. and they measured the speed of whatever it was a mach 7! (we're just reaching mach 3 on global air travel now).

there will be some doubters asto just how much further technology can go and what the world is actually working on now, but all you have to do is think about the blackbird, the stealth bomber & the space shuttle. they are all way ahead of their time even today. they were invented in the 1950's & 1960's... and that is f*****g imense considering that a musical birthday card has more computing power than the whole of the US & British combined had upto 1948, so just think whats going on in top secret military labs...

people concerned about the o zone layer isn't really a thing to worry about, we're gonna have wiped ourselves out long before that does.

BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

Yeah was that not the scram jet technology that was in progress for nasa? It was the mach 7-10 machine that did something amazing (brainfart) to the air to make it even more compressed and faster. Insane what we are doing. Anyone play FZero GX and remember the Cosmo Terminal? Well they are talking about a space elevator! Hehe. Cowboy Bebop anyone? Nanotechnology! We are living the comic book here gents and ladies! Oh, and I should be online, TONIGHT!
wrath of god

Post by wrath of god »

I remember reading about the space elevator within the last couple of years. It was a pretty amazing article.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

wrath of god wrote:I remember reading about the space elevator within the last couple of years. It was a pretty amazing article.
8)
I was also really interested in that, and I brought one to class one day, and we ended up having an entire discussion on it all period :D
FunGus!
Inactive

Post by FunGus! »

Mach 7? Wow that's fast. I'm sure no human could survive the G's from that. The ship must have been unmaned. Yeah we're gonna be long gone before the ozone depleats.
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3572909.stm

As for the Human, he'd prob. look like pudding when he's done. :oops:
Chrysus
Forum Regular

Post by Chrysus »

here's the future soldier article (not as detailed as the one i read before)- sorry for the flash glare, i just took a pic with my digi cam (copy & paste to your documents & open up with any photo viewer & zoom in a few times to read the writing).

eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

o dude was that in a recent mag, my friends was tellin me about this
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

omg talkin bout terminator lol skylab is real :shock: :wink:
Chrysus
Forum Regular

Post by Chrysus »

sabooya wrote:o dude was that in a recent mag, my friends was tellin me about this
yeah it's about 4 weeks old, not alot in the way of tech specs & info as i'd of liked :(
FunGus!
Inactive

Post by FunGus! »

Looks like a storm trooper!

Return to “General Public Chat”