DOOM or Quake

Something about anything goes here.

In your opinion: Which has a better singleplayer / multiplayer.

Doom3 / Doom3
29%
Doom3 / Quake4
18%
Quake4 / Quake4
35%
Quake4 / Doom3
18%

Total votes: 34
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

thenig wrote:
MotionOne wrote:quake was made so poorly that i'm going to have to say doom. i can write a 3000000000 page essay with things i think (and many would agree with) that could have/should have been changed about that game.

yet when you were playing doom 3 back in the day, u used to say: "f**k this game, quake 4 is coming out, and I will unistall d3!, so f**k ya!"

what happed to that?

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :lol:

Cyanide!
Forum Bot

Post by Cyanide! »

Fuk Quake 4!

:lol: :lol:
Remember those posters that said, Today is the first day of the rest of your life?_
_Well, that's true of every day except one. The day that you die
Detrimentalsysmd

Post by Detrimentalsysmd »

D3 is a great sp game if u like to ALWAYS be attacked from behind. The whole secret to win is D3 sp is to wait for the music to change. soon as it does do a 180 and shoot. after the first hour its like...oh no...the music changed...something is gonna hit me from behind.... LAME!

dont event get me started on MP. I think its well know around these parts how i feel about D3 MP.

Q4 isnt really a great game either, but if i have to chose go Q4. SP is rather short ( i finished in 7 hours ) but MP is better then Q3.

If u want a better game go pick up ANYTHING that is not using the D3 engine and ull have a more enjoyable game experince.
Cyanide!
Forum Bot

Post by Cyanide! »

Good analysis Det!

:lol: 8)
Remember those posters that said, Today is the first day of the rest of your life?_
_Well, that's true of every day except one. The day that you die
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Well my personal take on the two, is that Doom3 had a much better SP. On my setup, I would play it @ 1600X1200 on High with AA, and AF, and it looked so damn good, at times, I forgot about the repetitive, (like det. said) triggers. Now although I do have issues with Quake4, and the different feel, physics, and floating, it does seem to have a more robust MP. I didn't have the same joy with Q4 in SP, because the whole time I kept thinking about ID, outsourcing it to Raven, and the cartoony feel to it. Sure the story line was more engrousing, but, hmmmmmm. My votes are for D3 SP, and Q4 MP.

PuN
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

thenig wrote:
eXg. Mattinator wrote:Doom 3/ Doom 3
lol!
?
eXg. ShooteR
Counter-Strike Source/Admin

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

How bout we just change this thread to the "Doom 3 owns Quake 4 thread"

shooter
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. Detrimentalsysmd wrote:D3 is a great sp game if u like to ALWAYS be attacked from behind. The whole secret to win is D3 sp is to wait for the music to change. soon as it does do a 180 and shoot. after the first hour its like...oh no...the music changed...something is gonna hit me from behind.... LAME!

dont event get me started on MP. I think its well know around these parts how i feel about D3 MP.

Q4 isnt really a great game either, but if i have to chose go Q4. SP is rather short ( i finished in 7 hours ) but MP is better then Q3.

If u want a better game go pick up ANYTHING that is not using the D3 engine and ull have a more enjoyable game experince.

Your so negitive! You gonna join us for practice today?

JUDGE
Forum Bot

Post by JUDGE »

Q4 would be a better investment for MP since it has the CPL WT and now that world series behind it.

Single player is something I've never really gotten into. I get bored really fast shooting at AI.
thenig
Forum Visitor

Post by thenig »

eXg. Detrimentalsysmd wrote:D3 is a great sp game if u like to ALWAYS be attacked from behind. The whole secret to win is D3 sp is to wait for the music to change. soon as it does do a 180 and shoot. after the first hour its like...oh no...the music changed...something is gonna hit me from behind.... LAME!

is u dislike everything, why don't u do yourself a favor and just shoot yourself on the head?
-stupid, what is your stupidity?-
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

Hey me first.... i hate all of you... so give me that gun..... lol
cryptic stealth
Inactive

Post by cryptic stealth »

DOOM 3 ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

eXg. DarkStarGTX wrote:Hey me first.... i hate all of you... so give me that gun..... lol
funny listean to dark the lil hax0r u hate us all eh? EVERYONE GET DARK I GET THE LEG! :lol:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg.sukki wrote:
eXg. DarkStarGTX wrote:Hey me first.... i hate all of you... so give me that gun..... lol
funny listean to dark the lil hax0r u hate us all eh? EVERYONE GET DARK I GET THE LEG! :lol:

But I like dark meat too!

Detrimentalsysmd

Post by Detrimentalsysmd »

thenig wrote:

is u dislike everything, why don't u do yourself a favor and just shoot yourself on the head?

this coming from the guy with the narowminded racist name. Care to explain how u know me or what eles i have be so neg about?

Return to “General Public Chat”