New Q4 beta is out!!!!!

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

thenig wrote:f*****g awsome, let me see your grillz!

"looks like im chewing on aluminum foil!"

eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

eXg. Frag///aster wrote:okay can I just say that why doesn't ID get some peeps to actually create a real damn complete patch instead of giving it to everyone with problems so that we can do all the work for them, and then the pros can benefit from our frustrations... Sorry Just pissed that I have the Auto DL in my grasp but I have to take all the problems that come along with it
I didn't see your post b4 frag. The thing is, it makes sense to let the community test as they are the players playing 24/7 whilst the guys in the office coding don't really have the same ammount of online experience. TBH they should have released a quake test like they did with every other quake game.
I've heard that the linux patch was buggered but they have another one out straight away, which goes to show they finally have their asses in gear.

I think also it's gona help restore alot of faith in the community towards ID as they screwed q4 mp from the day of release and this may help them bring it back up to standard and make the game what it should have been from the start.

The issues i've read about atm seem to be with mouse accell, windows clients joining linux servers and visa versa and still no fix on the hit boxes.
All in all it seems sweet but unfortunately any add on pk files (i.e. maps) need to be remade with a new adon file added to them so the pure server issue is fixed.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

http://www.idsoftware.com/ looks like they gonna add some maps to the qmas mappack :D :D
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

are u gonna play on this patch ? your server and stuff?

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

If I can work out the linux stuff and find away to easily swap files between the old patch and this new one then i'll put it up.
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

the new q4max and xbattle isnt outyet so if you wanna play 1.1 your playing vq4 ... no brightskins etc

BUT you getting voice chat :D so u guys can haer my glorious voice

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe

Return to “General Public Chat”