Punk Buster.

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Punk Buster.

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

Okay so I go to play a normal game of Quake 4 and punkbuster dlded itself and I now have the latest Version. Which you apparently have to have because it will disc you if you do not.

Now this would be all well in good if Punkbuster did anything but lag you in game. but I assure you it really doesn't do much of anything. its realyl quite annoying.

Okay well lets say I give it the benefit of the doubt... for a second here.

Recently I was being kicked from servers due to the new version of Punkbuster due to a invalid some thing. I didn't know what it was... so as I connected to a server I had noticed in the error logs that punkbuster now looks for certain things that really have no impact on the functionality of a game, and wouldn't even cause a hack or whatever you guys call it for the particular game...

What did it do you ask....

Apparently as I use the Name "p1nghax" in quake 4, it didnt' like the part that said "HAX" in the name as to assume I hack and have an aimbot of some kind. Therefore every time I would play it would kick me from every server I would join... Now certain people might say well just change your name...

To this I say thats bullshit. People in this realm or community are known by their aliases, Not their real names on the average... Most of you guys know me as Frag.

so what happens when pun1sher isn't allowed. or Perfection. cause its too perfect that it must be a hack...

I"M sorry for the rant. and I will use fragmaster once again cause it was just plain better than p1nghax. but it pisses me off. I actually thru my cat this time. accross the room and into the monitor. no joke. I was pissed. That is the stupidest thing ever.

Please someone find me a hack that is caused be the name of the player. and I will shut up. :evil:
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Fragmastar

is back. :twisted:
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Re: Punk Buster.

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

eXg. Frag///aster wrote: Please someone find me a hack that is caused be the name of the player. and I will shut up. :evil:

This is the EXACT reason that im changing my name =_=
must be pb's new update cuz its happend to me in counter strike and in quake 4 AND 3

That is y i changed my name to Pheon1x =]
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

what.
the.
f**k?!?!?!?

I'll remove it from our q4 duel server right now. That's ridiculous.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

yeah man... nah its all good. Its not a big deal. I just think that they need a swift kick in the nuts. I mean who was it that told the people who put out the patches for that , that the names are the reason why people are hacking. No wonder they can't stop anyone. SIlly just silly.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Wouldn't expect anything more from pb tbh lol! The whole thing is just a retarded annoyance and it catches next to nothing.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

frags just a punk who got busted :P:P:P:P:P
Perfect1on
Forum Elite

Post by Perfect1on »

lol funny u say this frag. I keep gettin kicked out of the SS doom server by punkbuster. gives me the message "invalid OS priviledges" or somethin like that. I'm assuming OS means operating system and is referring to my vista x64
Specs:
Amd 4800+ Dual Core (2.41ghz)
BFG 8800gt oc 512mb
Asus M2n32-sli motherboard
WD 150 Raptor X harddrive (10,000rpm, 16mb cache)
3 gigs of Corsair XMS ram
550w PSU Antec
X-fi Fatal1ty sound blaster
eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

Oh no not the Fagmaster oops i mean fragmaster :P

:P

It sucks bro, PB sucks! Frag doest suck :)

Pzz!

Return to “General Public Chat”