COD5 returning to World War 2

Something about anything goes here.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. Shedao Shai wrote:
eXg. supercat1 wrote:
eXg. Phenom wrote:Question:

This had happened before, where Infinity Ward hasn't been the maker of one of the Cod games. Why are they letting other people make them?
because no developer can make a great game every year. if you want examples of great games that take time -- cod4 (2 year lag between cod2 and cod4), mgs4 (if that is your thing, but it was in development for like 3 years), halo3 (3 years), grand theft auto 4 (3 years), any blizzard game (infinity + 1 years, there is a funny list out there of how blizzard defines time, but i can't find it). so what activision decided to do, and it is a brilliant business move, was to acquire a second studio and have that second studio and iw switch off every other year. that way activision can continue to put out new cods every year. the thought was that it would give each developer 2 years to work on their next version, but sadly treyarch gets shafted and keeps having to use the new iw engine each time and so only gets about one year of dev time.

oh well, cod5 will be a down year and then hopefully cod6 is good. we'll see.

an example of a game that sucks because it is made every year -- madden.

well thats just great.. wonder if they going to make 1 mistake they made last time... cod5 does not come on the pc... they did it with cod3
In the announcement it was stated it was coming to 360, ps3, ps2, pc, wii, ds
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

sweet, so in fact it is not going to be just treyarch. treyarch is going to make the 360/pc/ps3 version (which will be identical) and then some s**t tiny developers are going to be contracted to do the ps2, ds, and wii versions. now, maybe treyarch has a small team doing the wii, but i wouldn't hold my breath. at best they have a couple people working with the contracted studio on the design of the wii version.

overall, just one giant clusterfuck.
better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.
JUDGE
Forum Bot

Post by JUDGE »

Back to the same old dumb weapons as cod1/2/3
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

well, here is the first video: http://kotaku.com/5018540/call-of-duty-5-first-trailer

could possibly be good, but i'm not gonna hold my breath.
eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore

Post by eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore »

eXg. supercat1 wrote:well, here is the first video: http://kotaku.com/5018540/call-of-duty-5-first-trailer

could possibly be good, but i'm not gonna hold my breath.

WOW nice find Cat1!... was it me or was there 2 cut scenes where a few guys was getting there throat slit by a sword???

plz let that had been a sword :twisted:
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

definitely a very violent vid, and it does give me some hope that treyarch can bring some gravity to the game. we'll see.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

After watching the video I'm not sure what to think of it. I just hope it turns out to be cool.
eXg. ShooteR
Counter-Strike Source/Admin

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

my friend is absolutely crazy about call of duty games, he played with a few infinity ward guys and hes on a great team on cod4 for 360, he plays in a league idk what its called. he told me that infinity ward said that they go back and forth with cod games on who makes it, and the whole series seems like a mess to me, cod4 was the first cod game that i actually liked playing, cod 2 was fun, but ww2 once again..............how boring
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

funny how you mentioned exactly what we were talking about shooter. ;) and yeah, infinity ward did cod1, 2, and 4. no wonder you liked the latter two.

Return to “General Public Chat”