COD5 returning to World War 2

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore

COD5 returning to World War 2

Post by eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore »

Sigh :? . I wasnt at all happy about this when i first heard it. But then again i couldnt blame them & got to guessing them making this move back to World War 2 certainly means they feel they can Reinvent that war in a better aspect, than they have in the past/ :)

They did a great job on Cod4 & there for i have faith in what they'll do next 8)

:arrow: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/3237.html
Last edited by eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore on Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eXg. Mezzfit
Forum Bot

Post by eXg. Mezzfit »

Maaaaaan, I'm so tired of WW2 games... I think there's been a game made about every single skirmish in the whole war...move on...
Damn, I was blinded by science.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

COD5: World War 16, The alien days :)
eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore

Post by eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore »

eXg. Mezzfit wrote:Maaaaaan, I'm so tired of WW2 games... I think there's been a game made about every single skirmish in the whole war...move on...
me & you both brother :roll:
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

jago, i hate to break this to you, but infinity ward isn't developing cod5. treyarch is doing cod5. treyarch's last game was cod3. sure they are using cod4's engine, but treyarch has a lot to prove in terms of being able to maintain the level that infinity ward produces. so yeah, not much hope that cod5 is going to be very good.
better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

Question:

This had happened before, where Infinity Ward hasn't been the maker of one of the Cod games. Why are they letting other people make them?
eXg. Mezzfit
Forum Bot

Post by eXg. Mezzfit »

yeah... and cod3 was a mess...
Damn, I was blinded by science.
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

eXg. Phenom wrote:Question:

This had happened before, where Infinity Ward hasn't been the maker of one of the Cod games. Why are they letting other people make them?
because no developer can make a great game every year. if you want examples of great games that take time -- cod4 (2 year lag between cod2 and cod4), mgs4 (if that is your thing, but it was in development for like 3 years), halo3 (3 years), grand theft auto 4 (3 years), any blizzard game (infinity + 1 years, there is a funny list out there of how blizzard defines time, but i can't find it). so what activision decided to do, and it is a brilliant business move, was to acquire a second studio and have that second studio and iw switch off every other year. that way activision can continue to put out new cods every year. the thought was that it would give each developer 2 years to work on their next version, but sadly treyarch gets shafted and keeps having to use the new iw engine each time and so only gets about one year of dev time.

oh well, cod5 will be a down year and then hopefully cod6 is good. we'll see.

an example of a game that sucks because it is made every year -- madden.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

ahhh i see
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

Yeah, I was talking to my buddy about the developers... he's a HUGE fan of WWII games, but even he has his doubts about this game. He said he probably won't bother getting it unless Treyarch really pulls it off, and after seeing the mess that was CoD3, he has serious doubts about it.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. supercat1 wrote:jago, i hate to break this to you, but infinity ward isn't developing cod5. treyarch is doing cod5. treyarch's last game was cod3. sure they are using cod4's engine, but treyarch has a lot to prove in terms of being able to maintain the level that infinity ward produces. so yeah, not much hope that cod5 is going to be very good.
Yay! Someone who knows what he's talking about lol.. getting tired of hearing the same old "cod5 is gonna own" across every forum I read. :P

I have cod3 for 360, and it's fun for messing around in, but not even close to what I would call a good game.
RA\/ID
Forum Junkie

Post by RA\/ID »

I dont play CoD4 unless Im just messing around at phenoms house but I definitely saw a huge jump in game play. Note to self wait until CoD6 b4 upgrading laptop :lol: . Another good game the Elder Scrolls Series. by bethesda softworls...4 years each
eXg. Shedao Shai
Counter-Strike Source

Post by eXg. Shedao Shai »

eXg. supercat1 wrote:
eXg. Phenom wrote:Question:

because no developer can make a great game every year. if you want examples of great games that take time -- cod4 (2 year lag between cod2 and cod4), mgs4 (if that is your thing, but it was in development for like 3 years), halo3 (3 years), grand theft auto 4 (3 years), any blizzard game (infinity + 1 years, there is a funny list out there of how blizzard defines time, but i can't find it). so what activision decided to do, and it is a brilliant business move, was to acquire a second studio and have that second studio and iw switch off every other year. that way activision can continue to put out new cods every year. the thought was that it would give each developer 2 years to work on their next version, but sadly treyarch gets shafted and keeps having to use the new iw engine each time and so only gets about one year of dev time.

oh well, cod5 will be a down year and then hopefully cod6 is good. we'll see.

an example of a game that sucks because it is made every year -- madden.

well thats just great.. wonder if they going to make 1 mistake they made last time... cod5 does not come on the pc... they did it with cod3
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

I think they should do something totally un-American (government and their sytle) and do s**t that everyone always wonders about. Put up squads of Army Rangers, Navy Seals, Brit SAS, etc and have them all fight each other. Woooo. Haha. And sure, throw in a few stupid Marines.

I was thinking about it when I played COD4 SP the other day... Why the f**k are Marines doing missions with a group of SAS? That is the biggest unrealistic thing I found in the game. :/
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

eXg. dorkiz wrote:I think they should do something totally un-American (government and their sytle) and do s**t that everyone always wonders about. Put up squads of Army Rangers, Navy Seals, Brit SAS, etc and have them all fight each other. Woooo. Haha. And sure, throw in a few stupid Marines.

I was thinking about it when I played COD4 SP the other day... Why the f**k are Marines doing missions with a group of SAS? That is the biggest unrealistic thing I found in the game. :/
that would be interesting to see. i'm no big military nut (my roommate is) but i would really like to see those elite soldiers go at it in a simulated combat environment. lazer tag ftw!

Return to “General Public Chat”