COD5 Demo!!

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

COD5 Demo!!

Post by eXg. Phenom »

Well I was just playing the Beta for a couple hours, all I can say is...wow! :D

Had some problems with the download and getting it to work, turns out 1000's of people had the same problem, answer was on the www.callofduty.com forum.

*Important*
The ONLY way to get the full official COD5 Beta, is to sign up at www.callofduty.com and receive a beta key. You receive upon signing up, nothing required. 1 gig download from all the popular mirrors (filefront, fileplanet, etc.)

If you download it, and upon initialization you have an error, go to the forums, copy paste the link for the latest DirectX download, reboot your system, and your good to go.

BETA::

The Beta is a multiplayer Beta, unlike the COD4 one. There are already loads of servers up so finding one wont be a problem. I joined a TDM, there were 4 people in it, 5 minutes later it was 8 on 8 carnage. I won of course 8)

The classes!:!:

If you've played COD4 on anything other than a computer, than you know of Prestige mode, which is where you go through all the ranks again 1-55 to earn a prestige. Finally, prestige mode has been brought to the PC, and you reward for doing the pretige's are extra Custom Classes.
By completing 10 Prestiges you get a total of 10 custom classes, twice the normal number of classes.

THE GUNS!!:!:!

The guns are some ghetto ass pea shooters, but there awesome! :twisted:
Basically you start off with the WW2 version of a G3, SAW, and some random gun :o

As you rank up, the BAR, Thompson, Springfield, Arikama (spelling wrong), and many other guns are added to your arsenal.

NEW STUFF!:!:!

Before it was UAV Recon - Airstrike - Helicopter.

Now it's Recon Plane - Artillery - DOGS!!!

The recon plane is the same as the UAV, just a different name.
Artillery I still don't know all the details of, but it's much like the Airstrike only numerous strikes all over an area. Basically, take the power of a noobtube, times 10, than 10 of those falling down in waves..artillery :twisted:

ZOMG....DOGS!!! Well the Helicopter from Cod4 was gay, the DOGS from COD5 are possibly the coolest thing from any video game ever made.
I watched as my little killer puppies ripped apart the other team.
In the videos on youtube i watched, I was given the impression that the dogs jump on you and you have to break their neck, like in SP mode cod4, and that you were also only given a couple dogs. Well, after playing, you get at least 8 dogs, and they don't jump on you and instantly kill you. They basically maul you until you are dead, I was running around and I was a dog biting this guy's ass off and he was trying to shoot the dog, and i just shot the dude and he died and the dog was like "thanks Phenom" and i was like "No problem".

The best way I can describe the game is, COD4 minus 60 or so years.

It's almost like everything is different, but nothing is different.

Layouts, perks, guns, they are all different from COD4, but you can tell Treyarch used COD4 as a huge role model in making COD5.

Well, all in all, Call of Duty: World at War BETA, is outstanding.

*xfire does not support BETA, screenies, vids not possible through xfire :(*
eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore

Re: COD5 Demo!!

Post by eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore »

eXg. Phenom wrote:Well I was just playing the Beta for a couple hours, all I can say is...wow! :D

Had some problems with the download and getting it to work, turns out 1000's of people had the same problem, answer was on the www.callofduty.com forum.

*Important*
The ONLY way to get the full official COD5 Beta, is to sign up at www.callofduty.com and receive a beta key. You receive upon signing up, nothing required. 1 gig download from all the popular mirrors (filefront, fileplanet, etc.)

If you download it, and upon initialization you have an error, go to the forums, copy paste the link for the latest DirectX download, reboot your system, and your good to go.

The Beta is a multiplayer Beta, unlike the COD4 one. There are already loads of servers up so finding one wont be a problem. I joined a TDM, there were 4 people in it, 5 minutes later it was 8 on 8 carnage. I won of course 8)

If you've played COD4 on anything other than a computer, than you know of Prestige mode, which is where you go through all the ranks again 1-55 to earn a prestige. Finally, prestige mode has been brought to the PC, and you reward for doing the pretige's are extra Custom Classes.
By completing 10 Prestiges you get a total of 10 custom classes, twice the normal number of classes.

Basically you start off with the WW2 version of a G3, SAW, and some random gun :o

As you rank up, the BAR, Thompson, Springfield, Arikama (spelling wrong), and many other guns are added to your arsenal.

Artillery I still don't know all the details of, but it's much like the Airstrike only numerous strikes all over an area. Basically, take the power of a noobtube, times 10, than 10 of those falling down in waves..artillery :twisted:

ZOMG....DOGS!!! Well the Helicopter from Cod4 was gay, the DOGS from COD5 are possibly the coolest thing from any video game ever made.
In the videos on youtube i watched, I was given the impression that the dogs jump on you and you have to break their neck, like in SP mode cod4, and that you were also only given a couple dogs. Well, after playing, you get at least 8 dogs, and they don't jump on you and instantly kill you. They basically maul you until you are dead, I was running around and I was a dog biting this guy's ass off and he was trying to shoot the dog, and i just shot the dude and he died and the dog was like "thanks Phenom" and i was like "No problem".

Layouts, perks, guns, they are all different from COD4, but you can tell Treyarch used COD4 as a huge role model in making COD5.

i downloaded the beta last night... played for a few will be on later on tonight to :)
JUDGE
Forum Bot

Post by JUDGE »

I played it for a little the other night. Only complaint I had was the sound effects for guns were really cheesy. Sounds like you're shooting air soft guns.
deathr0w
Forum Elite

Post by deathr0w »

To laggy for some reason.
Steam: exgdeathrow
QLIVE: deathr0w
=southern firestorm=
Forum Groupie

Re: COD5 Demo!!

Post by =southern firestorm= »

eXg. Phenom wrote:Well I was just playing the Beta for a couple hours, all I can say is...wow! :D

*Important*

downloaded just need tp install :) i have the beta key as well
(judment day is coming soon for those who put darkness in lights eyes)

Return to “General Public Chat”