whast going to look better

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

whast going to look better

Post by eXg. sabooya »

If i bought a new hi-res monitor would it look better set it to 1920x1080 with AA/AF off, or 1280x1024 with 16xAA16xQA. I believe that the 2nd choice would be much more demanding? What you all think?
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

Dude save your save money and use it for something wise or just put it away and let it save up. that's just my thought :)
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

I second that. Image Qual/Perf is the holy grail and there is always something better that will come out that you will want. You'll play at 1920 and say..."I see jaggies" and then pop on AA to get it to look smooth, then you'll want to se farther and clearer and want to bump up the AF, next thing you know your back to square one! Just learn to tweak your system and get the most out of it.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hmmm interesting question. I think because the resolutions are close enough, the first one, (with no features) although "higher", would look worse than the second. I'd vote for the 2nd one, if it was up to me. My only divergance from this would be my LAST, sniff sniff, DESIGN monitor, which got toasted in the lightning storm, which was a Mistubishi 22 AG, which completely pwnd everything. Hehehe, sorry, got off track.

You're smart to realize what LOAD you will be placing on your hardware BEFORE the purchase. If you choose the latter, and can support the features, then if NEED BE, you could crank down some of them, to speed up. On the first one, you won't be able to dial anything back, well except the res, because their won't be anything turned on in the first place. Confused ?? Good.

PuN
Evolution
Forum N00b

Post by Evolution »

a samsung 2206bw will look just as good as a 24'
Perfect1on
Forum Elite

Post by Perfect1on »

Buy yourself something other than things for a computer. Like maybe a mother's day gift, or father's day...IDK just a thought
Specs:
Amd 4800+ Dual Core (2.41ghz)
BFG 8800gt oc 512mb
Asus M2n32-sli motherboard
WD 150 Raptor X harddrive (10,000rpm, 16mb cache)
3 gigs of Corsair XMS ram
550w PSU Antec
X-fi Fatal1ty sound blaster
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”