Logitech G5

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Logitech G5

Post by eXg. focus »

This is a mouse that I'm pretty happy with. I've been using it a bit since my gf won it at QuakeCon, and I have to admit that as gimicky as it sounds, the weight system really is pretty cool.

The Laser tracking is better than any other I've tested, as I have yet to get poor reactions from quick flicks with my hand. I used it a bit in some instagib games, and I use zoomed rail flick shots a good bit.

and never once did it not go where I was wanting it to.

Honestly, this is a top notch mouse and deserves all the good reviews it gets. It's a little bit narrow for my gorilla hands, but besides that it's got pretty decent ergonomics. Sometimes I didn't know what to do with my ring finger and pinky though.

The adjustable DPI actually does come in handy, though I don't use it "on the fly" as is suggested, it is plenty easy to switch when going from one game type (rts, fps, etc.) to another.

Overall, I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

i thought it sucked my white hairy balls :O
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

I've heard a lot of positives and a lot of negatives, but I still think my MX518 is great. If I really had to get another mouse, for some insane reason, I'd probably get either the IE 3.0 or a Copperhead.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

i have the G5.
ive had it a longgg time.
its def my fav mouse.
i think the wieght cartridge on it is sweet but i dont rly use it much. :(
eXg. Shedao Shai
Counter-Strike Source

Post by eXg. Shedao Shai »

i love my g5... most the negative reviews i saw where for v1 (orange g5) i have v2 (blue g5) which has 2 side buttons instead of 1... im with focus on this being one of the best mice if found... a couple of my friends now want one after playing on my computer...

ersatz bought one after playing on my comp, but his dog then tried to eat the mouse :P so he's stuck with his old mouse now
eXg. Suyko
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Suyko »

I love mine too. 9/10
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

hmm.
ive seen the v.2 one.
i do like that 1, but hey, v. 1 is good enough for muah
Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

I've heard a lot about this mouse from multiple people, I think MegaBlazor (not sure) & the eQm guys using it. All good in there books. I forget the important s**t they said about it

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”