Headset

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Headset

Post by eXg. focus »

Ok, so I've run over the cord of my headset with my computer chair one too many times, and now the right channel is hardly responsive at all. It seems I've caused a short.

I have a SB X-FI X-treme Gamer sound card and therefore will not get a USB headset.

Something under 200$ preferably, unless it's a truly spectacular headset.

I'm looking hard at the Sennheiser 151's.
Any other ideas?
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

I just got myself a SteelSeries Siberia
http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/ ... nformation

I love it sounds better then my home theater. I also have the USB version so I can add virtual 7.1 surround.
However I think that the SteelSeries 5H v2 would probably be better.
http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/5hv2/information
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

WOW! I like the 2nd link sab. I think i will get one. The one i have is:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... ductdetail

Cons:
Everyone can hear everything that i listen to. It is very bulky; the ring around the ears is 4 inches in diameter.

Pros:
the microphone is very sensative (everyone on vent can vouch for that). its got a 10ft cable. Oh and its cheap too.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

NOOOOOOOOOOO DONT GET THE ONE CAMEL HAS!!!!
That is the reason i spent all this money on the new one. I had that one and the mic just fell off the side. It happened to my friend too. It it attached with two spots of glue. Very weak. Also hurts your ears after a while, not very comfortable, you cant just use mic efficiently and everyone can hear everything and you can hear everything around you. Horrible headset.
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

I have it 2, works fine for me ;) you prolly got owned too much and threw your headset around :P

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

hey man you have come to the right place. lemme tell you... I have had first hand experience with many types of headphones.

I have played around with the 5H version 1's and 2;s and ultimately I have found the headset that I absolutely love and will not shy away from...

And of course you guessed it, The Fatal1ty Headset from Creative..

Not only is it really responsive,... much more than you would think, but it also has a detachable NOISE CANCELING MICROPHONE.!!!! yes. as I understand one of first and only of its kind to have noise canceling tech in the mic. anyways. here is the pic.

they can be found at.

www.fatal1ty.com

Make sure you said p1nghax sent you over. :)
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

Fatality is just a sticker, all of his stuff his just a standard product maybe overclocked or something with a sticker on it.
When you compare specs; the Creative without the Fatality name is actually better. I have always hated the Fata1ty brand for this exact reason.
http://us.creative.com/products/product ... 6338&nav=1
eXg. Ersatz
MW2

Post by eXg. Ersatz »

Fatality might be a very good gamer, but why would you buy something with his name on it? It just makes it over priced. [/u]
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

lol frag ya rabid fanatic :)

I use a cheap clip on mic on my headphone cord and a pair of noise cancellation headphones. :

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 2286040014

You'll never be interrupted whilst gaming again :)
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Well thanks for all the responses guys! I really appreciate all the input. I'll just have to digest everything I've gotten so far now.... hehehh

-f0cus
Snowy
Forum Bot

Post by Snowy »

I have the Turtle Beach HPA2 5.1 surround sound headphones. They're really nice if your games take advantage of 5.1.
The Amazing portfolio of Austin Milner - Artstin.com
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. Snowy wrote:I have the Turtle Beach HPA2 5.1 surround sound headphones. They're really nice if your games take advantage of 5.1.
Yeah, most of my games take advantage of 5.1

I'm gonna try these out. I really wish there were a local retailer, in case they don't work with some part of my system, but ah well. Shipping isn't too bad.

How well does the surround work in ET:QW/ Q4??
Snowy
Forum Bot

Post by Snowy »

eXg. f0cus wrote:
eXg. Snowy wrote:I have the Turtle Beach HPA2 5.1 surround sound headphones. They're really nice if your games take advantage of 5.1.
Yeah, most of my games take advantage of 5.1

I'm gonna try these out. I really wish there were a local retailer, in case they don't work with some part of my system, but ah well. Shipping isn't too bad.

How well does the surround work in ET:QW/ Q4??
Surround sound is broken in ET:QW at the moment, the newest patch will fix it... Quake 4, it helps to a degree. You still have to know where there going etc... but it may help more with you since you have a sound card.

I generally find 5.1 sounds the best in single player games.
The Amazing portfolio of Austin Milner - Artstin.com
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

I went to best buy for my headset and they let you return everything so I just picked out several sets of headphones till I found the best ones for me and kept returning till I was happy. The razer headphones are nice but too small for my ears cleanrence wise .
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

eXg. Frag///aster wrote:hey man you have come to the right place. lemme tell you... I have had first hand experience with many types of headphones.

I have played around with the 5H version 1's and 2;s and ultimately I have found the headset that I absolutely love and will not shy away from...

And of course you guessed it, The Fatal1ty Headset from Creative..

Not only is it really responsive,... much more than you would think, but it also has a detachable NOISE CANCELING MICROPHONE.!!!! yes. as I understand one of first and only of its kind to have noise canceling tech in the mic. anyways. here is the pic.

they can be found at.

www.fatal1ty.com

Make sure you said p1nghax sent you over. :)

sux friend has it dont like it....

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”