Headset

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

I love you will hehe u turd. wanna cookie? hehe. man sorry I haven't been on in a while too dude, I been working two jobsw trying to save up for some of these things I wanna do and places I wanna go to. tourns. and such. :)
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

BUMP
Any suggestion updates? My mic has recently died so this is back up as a major issue rather than a minor inconvenience.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

steelseries are amazing i have a pair.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. sabooya wrote:steelseries are amazing i have a pair.
Yeah, i checked out the ones Dorkiz won at QuakeCon and really liked them. How's the mic on that?

Sab, are you using the 5Hv2's or the Siberia's?
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

i really like my razer barracuda. the sound is great, and i have not heard anyone complain about how i sound in vent.
better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. supercat1 wrote:i really like my razer barracuda. the sound is great, and i have not heard anyone complain about how i sound in vent.
are you using them with the razer sound card with the weird connector, or are you using 3.5mm's?
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

yeah, i also have the barracuda sound card. the headset comes with a converter to use 3.5mm, but since i'm using the barracuda card i'm using the default connector.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. supercat1 wrote:yeah, i also have the barracuda sound card. the headset comes with a converter to use 3.5mm, but since i'm using the barracuda card i'm using the default connector.
I see. I'd seen that headset on woot.com for quite a bargain, but I've already got a very nice sound card so I'm hoping to not have to compromise anything that I can help.

Worst part is that in my shopping from work all day i keep going back to these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826106390

so one of you bastards has to rescue me from myself on this one.
eXg. Mezzfit
Forum Bot

Post by eXg. Mezzfit »

hey ill never rescue you from making a good decision. You know those headphone are super badass. I still say you should get the ones i have....Trittons running strong still
Damn, I was blinded by science.
eXg. Ersatz
MW2

Post by eXg. Ersatz »

If you have not gotten a headset yet, I really like my Plantronics Audio 370. Shed has the upgraded pair of mine with a bass emulater, its a really good headset.
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

you would pay $260 for stereo headphones?
eXg. Suyko
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Suyko »

I went with the turtle beach USB version. I have had a couple of cheaper pairs before and these blow them out of the water.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efhpa2/home.aspx
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

I have mine pluged into my surround sound so its really only 2 channel. I noticed slight difference between it and the USB, maybe USB sounded better but I just find it easier for me to plug it into my surround.

I have the Siberia, I think 5H will give you more comfort. If you have spikey hair like me its a bit of a bummer because it flattens my hair, I might look into the neckband one though :D

The mic is almost professional grade, I record stuff for movies and things I do that require voice overs. Its is very amazing. I can be downstairs talking and it will pick it up. Its so good.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Ok, over the course of the last day I've come down to two headsets, coincidentally both by SteelSeries. The Siberia's and the 5Hv2's
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

eXg. focus wrote:Ok, over the course of the last day I've come down to two headsets, coincidentally both by SteelSeries. The Siberia's and the 5Hv2's
5Hv2 i think would be better compare the specs

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”