9800GX2 and GTX release date

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
Snowy
Forum Bot

Post by Snowy »

Don't expect huge performance increases. It's just a slight refresh of the G80's architecture. The "9800" series is just for marketing terms.
The Amazing portfolio of Austin Milner - Artstin.com
eXg. Mezzfit
Forum Bot

Post by eXg. Mezzfit »

Something is skewed here.... how on earth is that 8800gt hanging with those other cards? and for me to step up to this card is going to be way cheaper than it would be for mt just to get another 8800gts 512mb. So I'll be the lab rat here. And, f0cus knows that I'll OC that thing til it damn melts... So we shall see.... :P :lol: :o
Damn, I was blinded by science.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

its all marketing, just re-release the 8800s improved but under the name 9000.
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

its waste of cash do something smart with your money. Video games are cool but you dont eed the best gear out there. Buy a car or something. Computers just get addicateding and boring after awhile :wink:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

eXg. suki wrote:its waste of cash do something smart with your money. Video games are cool but you dont eed the best gear out there. Buy a car or something. Computers just get addicateding and boring after awhile :wink:
In part I agree with Will, :) and glad to hear him say it.

I've been preaching alot to people who ask me all the time, "What should I buy", "What should I upgrade", "Should I get this", etc.

You can indeed live on the bleeding edge, but it gets expensive, which cuts into the b33r budget, hehe.

I haven't tested it first hand, but newer can be better, but not always, but most def. it can open a hole in your wallet. :)

Just my .02

PuN
eXg. Mezzfit
Forum Bot

Post by eXg. Mezzfit »

Heyyy, while you do have a point there. I am the bleeding edge ;-) I just put in my step-up for the 9800gx2. So I'll save everyone the trouble and let you know how she works. After I get my MoBo back...Image
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:
eXg. suki wrote:its waste of cash do something smart with your money. Video games are cool but you dont eed the best gear out there. Buy a car or something. Computers just get addicateding and boring after awhile :wink:
In part I agree with Will, :) and glad to hear him say it.

I've been preaching alot to people who ask me all the time, "What should I buy", "What should I upgrade", "Should I get this", etc.

You can indeed live on the bleeding edge, but it gets expensive, which cuts into the b33r budget, hehe.

I haven't tested it first hand, but newer can be better, but not always, but most def. it can open a hole in your wallet. :)

Just my .02

PuN
Yeah i totalty agree punisher. Im more into my truck now then computers. It has more passion and fun. Bleeding egde please. i'll show you bleeding edge with my truck and make you go WOW. i am getting some amps and speakers hopfully this week. :)
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

have fun with that. hope the disappointment doesn't hurt too much. :-\

also, get a fire extinguisher. ;)
better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.
eXg. Mezzfit
Forum Bot

Post by eXg. Mezzfit »

Lol well i drive a 50cc scooter :) Image
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. supercat1 wrote:have fun with that. hope the disappointment doesn't hurt too much. :-\

also, get a fire extinguisher. ;)
Really isn't that bad, but hardly worth "upgrading" from what I'm on now. I'll probably get the GTX on my next build, but even that's easily a year away, at least.
I'll sooner upgrade my CPU to QX9650 than my GPU, so I'll wait and build a whole 3rd rig to put a 9series in.
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

i guess the way i'm seeing it, the gx2 really isn't a step up from any current configs. i mean, it really is just two 512 gt's stuck together in one package. if that is what you want then it is fine, but otherwise it really isn't that great an option.

also, if wiki is to be believed, the gtx is just a g92 gt with 768 megs of ram essentially. it has more stream processors than the gt's but we'll see if it really is faster than the current gtx's.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. supercat1 wrote:i guess the way i'm seeing it, the gx2 really isn't a step up from any current configs. i mean, it really is just two 512 gt's stuck together in one package. if that is what you want then it is fine, but otherwise it really isn't that great an option.

also, if wiki is to be believed, the gtx is just a g92 gt with 768 megs of ram essentially. it has more stream processors than the gt's but we'll see if it really is faster than the current gtx's.

if it's a 768 with the 364interface (or whatever) on g92 it's gonna kick some ass.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

My parents just bought a 9600GT 512, I installed it tonight, I'll try it out tomorrow.
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

eXg. focus wrote: if it's a 768 with the 364interface (or whatever) on g92 it's gonna kick some ass.
that is what they want you to believe, but if they don't change something it won't be dx10.1 compliant and therefore still technically behind the ati cards. i told man0 this earlier, but i see this as just a money grubbing scheme on nvidia's part.
eXg. Man0waR
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Man0waR »

I still dont see how you can ask $600 for a gfx card.... jesus
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”