need a new mouse

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

Mogwai wrote:I use a mouse with a ball...not a sensor one..I think it helps with stoping delays...I noticed that with my mouse that I got with my comp..(the sensor mouse)...Don't know what you all think..but definately a mouseball one is better.

-The Mog-
Ball mice are crap i think
they arnt smooth they jump if there is s**t inside the ball area...it just sucks for the precision that i want..

so im wantin a laser or an optical (what ever1 is better)

And Frag..Whats the fatal1ty mouse like cuz im sure u have 1 =] 8)
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg.Hax0r wrote: so im wantin a laser or an optical (what ever1 is better)
Optical.
eXg. Ersatz
MW2

Post by eXg. Ersatz »

I say Laser. An optical mouse has a cone coming out of so if his a dent in the desk or something a indention in the mouse pad than it could jump, not much but slightly. With a laser mouse, you dont have that problem, its a tiny laser beam that is a hell of alot more powerful than a optical. Optical and Ball Mice are dead, go with laser.

This is the mouse I have http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8087111859, i wish i had the G5 but mine a broke a while back, but I like this one as well. The G5 is great though because you can change your mouse sensitivey in game on the fly, great for sniping.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

I currently own two laser mice and two optical mice. One laser mouse is at the office and the other just sits in a box. The two optical mice are plugged into my gaming computers at home.
Just sayin'.

Here's my mice
Snowy
Forum Bot

Post by Snowy »

I have a Logitech MX518, it's quite a nice mouse. The Fatal1ty mouse isn't bad either, I've used it, and it really does seem to give you a little better accuracy. I've felt a few Razer Mice, and they're not that comftorable, they had some weird button placement.
The Amazing portfolio of Austin Milner - Artstin.com
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. Snowy wrote:I have a Logitech MX518, it's quite a nice mouse. The Fatal1ty mouse isn't bad either, I've used it, and it really does seem to give you a little better accuracy. I've felt a few Razer Mice, and they're not that comftorable, they had some weird button placement.
yeah, the diamondback and copperheads I've used are pretty weird feeling in my hand, so I just played with them a few games and gave them back, (I know a lot of people use these, my hands are just too big), so I opted for the Death Adder when I found out that Razer tech was going back to optical AND using the Intellimouse 3.0 shape. Sounded too good to be true.
The Razer D.A. was first to implement the "3g sensor" that razer is touting in it's products now. It scored higher than any other mouse in the esreality mousescore as can be seen here.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1300293
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Focus, nicely written, but I must say, now I officially hate you. :)

Mouse madness.

PuN
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Focus, nicely written, but I must say, now I officially hate you. :)

Mouse madness.

PuN

:lol: I know. Gahh!

The next on my list is the SteelSeries Ikari Optical. If you go to the steelseries site you'll see that the laser is sold as an RTS and MMO gaming mouse, and the optical is recommended for FPS gaming, as can be seen here.

http://www.steelseries.com/news/press_r ... aming_mice

I'll get one in plenty of time to play with before Quakecon and write up a full review when I'm done with it.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Dammit, if they were only uni or lefty. :(

PuN
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

the thing with the steelseries mice is that all the pics are renders. that doesn't bode so well with me. the thing about the mx518 is that it has fewer buttons than my current one does for the thumb (1 instead of 2). i'm thinking i'm gonna go with a deathadder.
better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. supercat1 wrote:the thing with the steelseries mice is that all the pics are renders. that doesn't bode so well with me. the thing about the mx518 is that it has fewer buttons than my current one does for the thumb (1 instead of 2). i'm thinking i'm gonna go with a deathadder.

I'm not at all arguing against the D.A., as, having used both, I'd say it's the superior of the two, but the mx518 does have two thumb buttons.

:)
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

okay yeah, i meant to say the g5. my bad. yeah the mx518 does have the two thumb buttons, but still its visuals are butt ass ugly.
eXg. Shedao Shai
Counter-Strike Source

Post by eXg. Shedao Shai »

g5 v2 has 2 buttons... v1 isn't really sold anymore... plus v2 supposedly has other upgrades...

i think most of us that recommend the g5 are talking about the v2 mouse

v2 aka the blue and black one
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. supercat1 wrote:okay yeah, i meant to say the g5. my bad. yeah the mx518 does have the two thumb buttons, but still its visuals are butt ass ugly.
Well, it's a logitech. ;\
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

okay so yeah, v2 does have the two buttons. cool. but somehow logitech took a crappy visual package and made it look like it is a turtle with leprosy. seriously, do they have blind people doing their designs?

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”