cb RADIO

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

cb RADIO

Post by eXg. sabooya »

I found 2 old cb radios in my basement and i have them mod/wired to a 12v plug. They work great only problem is one of them doesn't transmit sound. Well it does but its very low and you cant make anything out. Any suggestions on whats wrong?
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Re: cb RADIO

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. sabooya wrote:I found 2 old cb radios in my basement and i have them mod/wired to a 12v plug. They work great only problem is one of them doesn't transmit sound. Well it does but its very low and you cant make anything out. Any suggestions on whats wrong?
I know what's wrong! It's an old cb radio you found in your basement.

:D
eXg. Suyko
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Suyko »

lol...Finally something I might know. Does it have a dynamic control? Its like a volume control for the mic (could be turned down). Also it could be a bad mic.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

eXg. Suyko wrote:lol...Finally something I might know. Does it have a dynamic control? Its like a volume control for the mic (could be turned down). Also it could be a bad mic.
well mic works on PA fine, and there is no dynamic mic volume
eXg. Mezzfit
Forum Bot

Post by eXg. Mezzfit »

Ooooo, I used to be a radio operator in the USAF. Well, check the wires going to the speaker inside the radio, Or you may have a bad volume knob.
I bet there's enough good parts between the 2 to frankenstein one good one. ;-) post some pics! I love old radios
Damn, I was blinded by science.

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”