G5 Mouse skipping driving me nuts

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

G5 Mouse skipping driving me nuts

Post by mrgreen_ »

Hey guys,

I have a blue Logitech G5 and it won't stop skipping in game when I do fast 180's! You know....when I try to change my direction really fast I end up staring at the ceiling! I believe I have the most updated firmware (4.60.122)....here's some screenshots of my settings

I'm using a gray Fatal1ty mousepad - haven't washed it in about 6 months, could that have something to do with it?

By the way the mouse feet are in great condition still. And if it matters at all, I'm playing Quake Live at 1280x1024

Thank you :)

I do have another Logitech mouse (not a G5) in my house I could play around with. I've just been using a G5 for about 2 years. This blue one I have is relatively new...only a year old.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Since you're used to the shape, I'd say go with the mx518. As long as you stay away from laser you shouldn't have to deal with skipping on any decent gaming mouse.
Make sure to run the usb polling rate at 500hz. 1k is too much, for most motherboards, even the high end ones.
Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

I use a g3 haven't looked at new mouses since... try washing it with some clorox wipes or something don't know how it'll effect the fibers probably bad idea all together but go g3 or buy a everglide mat, love em
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

eXg. focus wrote:Since you're used to the shape, I'd say go with the mx518. As long as you stay away from laser you shouldn't have to deal with skipping on any decent gaming mouse.
Make sure to run the usb polling rate at 500hz. 1k is too much, for most motherboards, even the high end ones.
That is the mouse that is sitting in my closet. I think I'll give it a go
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

MrGreen wrote:
eXg. focus wrote:Since you're used to the shape, I'd say go with the mx518. As long as you stay away from laser you shouldn't have to deal with skipping on any decent gaming mouse.
That is the mouse that is sitting in my closet. I think I'll give it a go
Perfect, you don't even have to go shopping. Hey, if it's good enough for the currently highest ranked american Quake pro, it's good enough for me!
(Rapha, and no, Logi doesn't sponsor him)
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

Ack actually bro it was a G3. For some reason it doesn't skip either. Thanks for your help anyway!
Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

g3's rock! haven't went back to mx's since

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”