2 questions...mouse and monitor gurus, your advice is wanted

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

2 questions...mouse and monitor gurus, your advice is wanted

Post by mrgreen_ »

I'm laying my G5 to rest and switching to either:

- IntelliMouse 1.1
- IntelliMouse 3.0
- Razer DeathAdder

I realize I should probably try all 3 out and make my decision, but what are your thoughts?

a) I seem to aim better at 1000hz and I don't think the 1.1 and 3.0 can go past 500hz.
b) I play @ 1280x1024 ...would 400 dpi be a problem? in D3 I always used 800 dpi...
c) will these mice all work well on a gray fat pad or do I need to buy a different one?

2nd)

I'm switching from my LCD to a CRT. Someone told me ViewSonic makes some solid ones. Can anyone link me to a good quality CRT at a fair price? Or should I try to hold out until Black Friday?

Thanks! 8)
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I've heard very good things about the 1.0. I applaud the move back to CRT as I have never been able to get D3 in particular to look/play good on any LCD regardless of the settings. COD4 on the other hand looks/plays great on my LCD. CRT's are becoming more and more scarce, but I'm going to try and find some linkage.

PuN
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

Go to some local shop which has a pc with a game on it lol or some other shop and try out all the mices.

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

okay... personally.. I like the 1.0 way way better. They have said to have recreated and not changed anything really with the 3.0 , from the 1.1 just made it better and obviously ergonomic.

I know a personal friend that had that in his hotel room, :) as well as another unrealeased mouse, and he was showing me why the 3.0 just blows cause it seems they have screwed with the sensor somehow and it doesn't track all that exact. It depends. Really I think what you ultimately feel comfortable with.. the death adder, not too much sure about. I know a bunch of CK guys that use it and really like it, but dunno. more expensive for what you are getting IMO. then again, there is something to be said. you get what you pay for "Sometimes ! "

If it was me, and I had my way, I would take the Laser sensor out of the fatal1ty mouse because it tracks excellent, on the right surface mind you, and put that in your 3.0 , or 1.0 or 1.1.

but again, much of all this is personal preference. haha.

gl .
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

MircoSoft Sidewinder mouse

3x LCD monitors @ 2560x1600.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

NEC for CRT.

IE 3.0 at 500hz for mouse.

I have owned the Death Adder since shortly after it's release. A little over a year now. If you really want to get an earful of advise, (or better yet, just search for previous people with these questions) go over to

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1586787
http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&forum=13

It's a community/forum that has all of it's news submitted by users, and there are a LOT of active, very high level players that are on there regularly. I'm pretty sure fojji (fox) is on there daily. As is Vo0, Noctis, and so many I'm not gonna bother trying to post them all here.

They will very much applaud your switch back to CRT, and they'll likely have some tips for which mouse to choose based on your playstyle.

a very short list of a long line of gamers currently choosing the i.e 3.0 over anything else is ck-Nomadic, Vo0 and Fatal1ty.

btw: I use 400dpi at 1680x1050.

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”