Ersatz Video Game Review: Ghostbusters

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. Ersatz
MW2

Ersatz Video Game Review: Ghostbusters

Post by eXg. Ersatz »

Because we don't have a specific forum for this I will post this here because before this game came out I talked a lot about it.

The Ghostbusters video game which was released on June 19th, 2009.

This was a multi-platform game, PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, DS, Wii, and believe or not the PS2.

Ghostbusters Game was designed to be an extension of both the movies but followed the Gozer storyline the most. I have played this game through on the PC a few times. The recommended specs for the PC are as follows:

CPU: Dual-core Any Intel® or AMD® or faster
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 512 MB or ATI® Radeon® HD2900 512 MB, Shader 3.0 Required
Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible
Hard Drive: 9 GB or more available hard drive space
Disc Drive: DVD-ROM drive
Input: Keyboard and Mouse or Xbox 360® compatible controller
Direct X:DirectX® 9.0c

My Specs are much higher than that and I still ran into video lag issues when it came to water and certain options on the proton packs so if you get this game for the PC, than be careful. There are many tips you can find to help with the graphics issue. Speaking of graphics, this game will leave you pleased. The models are very well done, the effects are great, and the scenery of NY after Stay Puff man attacks is amazing. The way that the developer made the proton pack streams and the trap rays look are great, reminded me of the movie which is the point of this game.

I did mention that this game did come out for the DS, but the DS version is very different, ***Not the same game***. The DS version utlizies the touch screen to make it much like Activisions older Ghostbusters game.

As I said this game follows the Gozer aspect of the story, with the Stay Puff guy but they also do bring back the green slime and the tunnel of pink ooze under the city, unfortunately you can't walk around in Lady Liberty and crush police cars. :(. The price of this game for the PS3 and Xbox 360 is $60 as normal, but only $30 for the PC. Great deal for the PC players you might say, but than I say you are wrong. The PC version does not have Multiplayer on it which is why its only 30 bucks.

You will see some familiar characters only with familiar voices. Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson all did the voices for there original characters, I was very pleased with this. The only character which I wish would have been in the game, she was mentioned, but was not in the game was Dana Barret. I though in the movies she was an essential person and with the Gozer thing, she should have been in the game.

If you do play this game or have already played this game please please please watch the credits, and during the credits a short cut film will show which the actions of this will lead you to believe there is a Ghostbusters 2 game in development.

If you are an avid Ghostbusters fan like myself than you probably analyzed this game way to much to the movies, I know I did. But even after doing that I found this game to be very enjoyable to play if you can fix the video lag problem if you do encounter it.

In the eXg. Ersatz review of this game:

If you are an avid Ghostbusters fan this is a must have, if you are not and have the spare cash, pick it up, you won't be disappointed. Ghostbusters is very pleasing the eyes and made me feel like I was watching a Ghostbusters 3 movie. I am not one to spoiler the plot so I will leave it at that.

If you pick up a copy of the game let me know what you think and what others think by posting on this thread.
Ducki]\[shotS
Forum Bot

Post by Ducki]\[shotS »

I am the biggest Ghostbuster fan ever, maybe. And i thought i t was ok...
The game play simulated the movie effects very well and yes it felt like you where playing in one of the movies, so that's a plus. The original voice actors were awesome, and they did a good job ressurecting their roles. I especially thought Dan Akroyed did a great job. Bill Murray however sounded more like Garfield than Peter Venkman. There were some cool ghost designs.

On the other hand the game was too short. The whole buying upgrades and such should have been done somewhere other than the pause menu during game. If they had a shop or even if you had to go back to the firehouse to upgrade, that would have added a lot more game time. Plus it would have been more fun. The Ghostbusters tended to repeat a lot of the same catch phrases from the first movie. That bugged me. The new weapons were pretty much unimpressive and useless (except the slime thrower). And the story line i thought was half assed. I wanted more out of this game. I wasnt as emmerssed in the ghostbusters world as much as i would have liked. This game Deserved to be great, and it was just ok.....

And for some reason (like their careers are booming) rick moranis and sigorny weaver wouldn't agree to do the voice acting for it. That's why dana and louis weren't in it.

So I'm going to have you dissagree with you Ersatz. If you are not a Ghostbusters fan i don't think you will get very much out of this game at all. But to all the Die hard GB fans like myself its definatly worth picking up
Ducki]\[shotS
Forum Bot

Post by Ducki]\[shotS »

I also liked the part where you are in the ghostworld and ur in that hall with all the mirrors, an u have to destroy the mirrors to catch that one ghost... that was way cool
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

eXg. Ersatz
MW2

Post by eXg. Ersatz »

Than please move post, last time I tried to move a post, your website deleted it :)

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”