Info

Counter Strike Source

Moderator: eXg. ShooteR

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Info

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

cl_updaterate 101- This sets how many updates a server is allowed to send you per second. This is also related to the tick rate. For example, if you play on a LiB Value server (45 tick) then the server sends your 45 updates per second. If you play on a LiB Match server (100 tick), then you get 100 updates per second. By setting your cl_updaterate to 101, you can play and take advantage of a 100 tick server without any problems. However, if your connection is slow (Below 1mbps), it's a good idea to use something like cl_updaterate 60 or even cl_updaterate 30.

cl_cmdrate 30 - This setting is how many updates per second you send to the server. Usually on a home line, the upload is much slower than your download -- usually a tenth of the speed. Therefore, we do not recommend high cl_cmdrate settings such as 101 unless you have a really good upload (2mbps up or higher). If you have anything ranging from 400k to approximately 800k upload, stick with cl_cmdrate 30. However, if your connection is equal to or faster than 1mbps up, then use cl_cmdrate 60 should be safe.

rate - This tells the game how fast your connection is. If I have a 5mbps down connection, then I would set my rate to 50000 by typing in rate 50000 in console. However, you can be conservative (Since your actual speed usually does not hit the advertised speed by your ISP). Therefore, in your Speedtest.net test as we mentioned earlier, if you have a result of 4700kbps down on a 5000kbps connection, then set your rate to around 44000 by typing rate 44000 in console.

cl_upspeed - Set your upload speed. If your upload speed in your Speedtest.net test is 470kbps up, you can be more conservative and set it a bit lower than the tested speed with cl_upspeed 440.

Also, another is usually related to your Counter-Strike: Source server settings. In your server.cfg file, there are settings that you can adjust for bandwidth usage: sv_maxupdaterate, sv_minupdaterate, sv_maxrate and sv_minrate.

By default, LiB sets your server bandwidth variables in your server.cfg to the following:
sv_maxupdaterate 60
sv_minupdaterate 10
sv_minrate 2000
sv_maxrate 0

Note that a 0 means unlimited or unrestricted. By setting these variables limit how much or how little bandwidth your clients can utilize. We don't recommend you to change the sv_maxupdaterate, but your sv_minupdaterate can be raised to reduce people with slow connections.

sv_minrate can be done with the same thing as well. The higher it is set to, the higher the minimum connection speed the client must achieve without experiencing problems on your server.

sv_maxrate can be set to limit those people who wants to suck up your bandwidth. You can set a maxrate, but it is not really necessary since for larger servers with lots of people and a low or incorrect maxrate could cause very significant lag issues.

How do you know if your cl variables and sv variables are working properly? While in game, in console type net_graph 3. The numbers will reflect your settings is done correctly. If you are getting lots of choke constantly (10+ throughout the game, not just at beginning of rounds), then you should reconfigure your settings until theres little or ideally no choke. Also, check your ping times. Your ping on the player graph (By pressing Tab during the game) should be significant lower than the ping displayed on your net_graph 3. The difference on average is usually 10-30 ms.

Causes of Server Side Lag
- Network routing issues, using underirable routes causing high latencies and/or lag. It is unlikely and very rare.
- Server resource problem. On a rare occasion where someone else's server crashed and started using all CPU (Very unlikely) or with modifications with coding errors causing memory leaks could be a source of the problem. Our servers are never overloaded and CPU/RAM usage usually has more than enough resouces to cope with minor incidents of this, therefore this is very rare.
- DDoS attacks on LiB servers. However, with our Tipping Point 5000E and Cisco Guard XT for DDoS detection and mitigation at our facilities with fully certified and qualified technicians, this is very easily detected usually fixed within an hour.

If any of the above happens, please open a support ticket in your game server control panel along with a description of your problem with related and/or necessary screenshots. A traceroute of the server is also always very helpful. A traceroute can be done using the following steps:

How to Traceroute your server
1. Assuming you are on Windows XP, click Start, and then press Run. In Windows Vista, just click the Start button.
2. In the Windows XP Run dialog box, type in cmd. In Vista, just begin typing cmd. It should appear in your search box. Press "Enter".
3. A DOS-like command prompt should appear with a black background and a place to enter text. Now, type in tracert server IP and press Enter on your keyboard. The Server IP is the IP to your server, without the port. For example, if my server IP is 75.126.25.90:27015, then I would type in tracert 75.126.25.90 and press Enter in Command Prompt.
4. It should begin tracing routes. When it is completed, it would display "Trace Complete" on the screen and allow you to enter text again like before. However, the trace is complete so you don't have to enter any more commands.
5. Now, right click somewhere blank on Command Prompt with the black background. Click "Select All" and press "Enter" on your keyboard. This step copies the data of the traceroute on to your keyboard.
6. Paste the traceroute results into your support ticket along with your message.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

More.............
This is Dedicated to counter strike: source players,
to show them and tell them what rate actually is because im tired of hearing the saying "rate hacker" in the european gaming countries.

what is Rate:
Rate is how many bytes per second or how fast you update the game.

For example 1mb internet downloads at 50-100 kb/s in other words 50000 - 100000 bytes..because there is no rate block in source like there is in 1.6 cs.

It allows you to update at any speed there for,
1 mb internet should not have 25000 rate like in 1.6 or lan settings but it should be set to 50000-100000 to get the maximum amounts of packages from the server.

cl_updaterate: cl_updaterate should be set excactly the same to the servers sv_maxupdaterate in other words "tickrate". If the server is 100 tickrate server the optimal setting of cl_updaterate would be 100 to receive the maximum amount of data and packages from the server.

If the server is 33 tickrate and you have cl_updaterate 100, you will use extra bandwith and extrapolate which will create a phenomonon called "lag". why?.. because you are using too much internet speed to download from the server where 33 would be enough and because you are using too much internet speed you will actually lose packages and create extrapolation "player lag" which means player is somewhere else where he seems to be instead of where u see him on ur screen.

cl_cmdrate: originally though to be same as server fps (500-600 in a 100 tick server) this is not the case as watching net_graph and setting 100 cl_cmdrate while u get 40 fps you will receive package losses, only when you set youre cl_cmdrate same as youre minimum fps in a "firefight" will the package losses in the net_Graph dissappear there for this proves that cl_cmdrate should be set to client fps and not server fps.

40 fps in a fight = 45 cl_cmdrate

100 fps constant in all fights = 100 cl_cmdrate

cl_interp/ex_interp/interpolation:

While most people prefer cl_interpolate 1 and cl_interp 0.01 (optimal settings) its true these settings would be optimal ..but if the interp value is too low and you are playing in a server far away from you as a client cl_interp 0.01 will create extrapolating and instead of getting 0.01 delay (10 ms) you will be getting anywhere from 100-400 ms delay because of the fact that youre internet cannot handle 0.01 interp in another country.

there for ie:

take it i live in finland and playing in a uk server with 100 latency and 1mb internet , playing against top clans of uk who have 5-15 latency and receive the optimal amount of packages both of us have cl_interp 0.01..for him cl_interp 0.01 is perfect because he leaves nearer to the server and there for there is no extrapolation and he gets 10 ms information on where my hitboxes are..while i get extrapolation and i get updates of where his hitboxes are every 100-200 ms...that is why cvarblock is not good for foreign players cl_interp should be allowed by any setting

ping : 10 = cl_interp 0.01

ping : 100 = cl_interp 0.1

ping : 60 = cl_interp 0.06

100 cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate 100 are optimal if you get 100 fps all the time in a 100 tick server with no loss , choke or lag and yes lan settings are 25000 rate 100 cl_updaterate and 100 cl_cmdrate cl_interp 0.01 but its because you are playing so close to the server ...thank you for youre time and read what rates are before enforcing people to have 100 100 rates just because you think thats the best rates..

If i have 100 updaterate and 50 cmdrate and interp 0.05 ,it doesnt mean you will not hit me thats a false idea that people have learned to think its true.

rate hacking = cl_updaterate 10 or cl_cmdrate 10 to create intentionally lag so that others wont hit you..
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

Hey Pun I opened our servers console and i found this. Look at what it says for tick... Its only 32 and btw are the other settings correct? From what i read online our settings should be.
-tickrate 100
(The below values need to be set correctly in your server.cfg file)
sv_maxrate 30000
sv_maxupdaterate 100
fps_max 600

==============================================================
This server is protected by zBlock 3.2.2 Server Plugin

Recognised Console Commands: 'zb_status' / 'zb_netinfo' / 'zb_version' / 'zb_help'
Recognised RCON Commands: 'zb_readyup' / 'zb_lo3'

Server Tickrate: 32tick

Note: Dynamic Weapon Pricing - Active

Important Server Cvars:
sv_cheats: 0
sv_pure: 0
sv_consistency: 1
tv_delay: 30
zb_startmoney: 800

Server Net Settings:
sv_unlag 1 sv_max_unlag 1.0
sv_minrate 4000 sv_maxrate 20000
sv_mincmdrate 0 sv_maxcmdrate 40
sv_minupdaterate 10 sv_maxupdaterate 60

zBlock Settings:
zb_readyup_max: 10 / zb_startmoney: 800 / zb_matchconfig: NONE
==============================================================
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I think I'm getting a handle on this now. I've sent them a request for a "copy" of the command line, which has gone unanswered. I will setup the server.cfg, restart it, and check it. It is a layered approach which isn't uncommon. The tick rate DOES have to be set in the command line, without which anyone could buy a 33, and crank it past 100 for free. The command line drives the bus. Once that's set, it then falls to your server.cfg to be set correctly to reflect, and allow the 100 tick. Few minor bandwidth settings in there. Then we'll make sure the clients are setup right. Command line, Server.cfg, Client.

PuN
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

Valve explains Tickrate as: "During each tick, the server processes incoming user commands, runs a physical simulation step, checks the game rules, and updates all object states. After simulating a tick, the server decides if any client needs a world update and takes a snapshot of the current world state if necessary. A higher tickrate increases the simulation precision, but also requires more CPU power and available bandwidth on both server and client."

Return to “C.S.S”