challenge!!!!

Counter Strike Source

Moderator: eXg. ShooteR

dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Last time we used full auto was the M16 and that was forever ago. Even those are all 3 round burst, semi in the military.
exodus

Post by exodus »

eXg. dorkiz wrote:
exodus wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine

rarely? i got a few friends over in iraq and the standard rifle they use is the colt, semi auto and burst options in all practical applications would be for longer range fire since at about 1000 yards full auto would be useless but in close quarters combat full auto is your best friend, hence why the m4 is a modular style gun, you can do anything with it

***edit, full auto ownership of any gun is restricted to civilians, only the military and police are supposed to use them apperantly
Yes, rarely. You can't get a full auto as a civilian unless you have a license, like you noted, however even in the military you'll never see a full auto M4. If your friends in Iraq say they have one, they're blowing smoke up your ass. We all use semi out here, because full auto is not your friend out here. Not nearly as much control over your spray, which can easily hit innocent bystanders, which has been an issue out here... Plus it's a waste of ammo. That's why we are all trained in close combat procedures, we don't need to jump in a room and spray like in CSS. You do your room clearing, if you need to eliminate a target, you use "controlled pairs" normally known as double tapping the mother f****r. The only full auto weapons that are carried by the US military out here are the Saw and 240 series weapons. And those are only used for suppressive fire, and generally mounted to the vehicles. Special units, i.e. Ranger and SF, will generally use an MP5 if they need full auto.

hell, tought me a thing or two, im not claiming to know much about them but all your points are valid, but as in css and IRL ak>m4 <3 the good ol' Kalashnikov is never a let down
exodus

Post by exodus »

btw the thread took a huge spin off course, you guys up for a scrim?
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

exodus wrote:hell, tought me a thing or two, im not claiming to know much about them but all your points are valid, but as in css and IRL ak>m4 <3 the good ol' Kalashnikov is never a let down
Haha yea... I have to carry mine around with me everywhere I go, all day long, going on 1.5 years now. Ugh. So I know a little about them. :P

And I do agree, the AK is a ton better than the M4. The M4 is small and light, but that's about it. It jams up even more than the M16 did. The military was trying to go for a 7.62 cal rifle, but all the ones they picked were too expensive. :(

Return to “C.S.S”