warsow?

Excellent game.
motionOne
Forum Master

Post by motionOne »

i dled it, and i'm very impressed. it's like what q4 should have been. problem is, i can't find any servers; the list comes up empty. i'm thinking i need battlenet bc it said something about it, but id ont know.. any help?
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

wow! I saw this thread earlier and assumed that it was an old dead game that slipped under my radar while I was still in console land.

I'm downloading this when I get home, and if nothing else, I'll host and give my I.P. to whoever wants to play with me on it.
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

i get some ''cant load OPENGL error'' i got this error before with my 7900GTX wtf?
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

I totally love the movement. but I can't get any servers either. at first I didn't mind, thought I'd just play it with my buddies on the lan at my apt. But I can't even host a lan match. :(

Anything I've overlooked? last time I had this kind of problem it was with Quake3, and I learned that it can sometimes be a very simple thing, but I haven't found it yet. Point me in the right direction?
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I suggest port forwarding port 44400 through the firewall to see if that works.

Also, you might already be good and not know it. At first, even AFTER I forwarded the port, when I loaded up the multi screen, no servers popped up, and I thought something was amiss. NOT the case. You have to TELL it to search. Make sure your set for Internet, or whatever it calls it, then hit the SEARCH at the bottom, you should then see the list, SLOWLY populate.

PuN
motionOne
Forum Master

Post by motionOne »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:I suggest port forwarding port 44400 through the firewall to see if that works.

Also, you might already be good and not know it. At first, even AFTER I forwarded the port, when I loaded up the multi screen, no servers popped up, and I thought something was amiss. NOT the case. You have to TELL it to search. Make sure your set for Internet, or whatever it calls it, then hit the SEARCH at the bottom, you should then see the list, SLOWLY populate.

PuN
i tried going through my mcafee firewall but i couldn't find anything about port forwarding. was no help topic about it either..
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote: hit the SEARCH at the bottom, you should then see the list, SLOWLY populate.

PuN

yeah, I just needed to give it a minute, then I got some gg's in. I'm totally diggin' it. Thanks for the heads up, Pun. :)
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

[eXg]motionOne wrote:i tried going through my mcafee firewall but i couldn't find anything about port forwarding. was no help topic about it either..
mccaffe = satan.
Haven't you got a hardware router witha built in firewall?
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

NP man, same thing happened to me. I had become soo acustomed to D3, Q4, where as SOON as the multi screem came up, servers automatically, and THAT is the key, started coming up. It was an alien concept to have to SEARCH for servers, hehe.

I agree on Mcfee, but maybe this will help some:

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

PuN
motionOne
Forum Master

Post by motionOne »

lol, i dont have a router! i want to play online! help!!!!!!!!!
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Scott check my post above. It almost caught me the SAME WAY as you. We got used to Doom3 and Quake4 browsers, the MOMENT the mutliplayer browser comes up, the servers automatically started coming up. With this game, you have to TELL IT to search for them. Make sure your option is NOT set for local, and hit the Search, at the bottom. Give it a bit, and see what you get.

PuN
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Downloading now :)

motionOne
Forum Master

Post by motionOne »

:O

IT WORKS!

sorry for the impatience pun.
Last edited by motionOne on Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Scott check my post above. It almost caught me the SAME WAY as you. We got used to Doom3 and Quake4 browsers, the MOMENT the mutliplayer browser comes up, the servers automatically started coming up. With this game, you have to TELL IT to search for them. Make sure your option is NOT set for local, and hit the Search, at the bottom. Give it a bit, and see what you get.

PuN
It took a solid 45 seconds to start populating the server list, motion, so you have to be patient. I thought it didn't work too, so make sure it's set to 'global' and then click 'Search' on the bottom. Wait a full minute before giving up.
At one point yesterday, there was only one server active, and it had all of three people in it when I got there. I was pwning, but Sid held the lead. It's a very fun game. I'm gonna teach my roommate how to strafe-jump in there. :wink:

It's not unlikely that there aren't any servers up at all sometimes..
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Check my new thread, was having the same probs as you motion. I would sit for 15 min and only get 1 server that I pinged 130 too. I found a better way :)

Return to “Warsow”