No votes
HAWX
No votes

Total votes: 9
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

What to watch for

Post by eXg. Phenom »

How I rate the games that are soon to come to PS3 and 360, and some for PC.

Prototype
Release Date: 9/18/2008
Publisher - Sierra
Gameplay - This game actually surprises me with it's originality and interesting gameplay. In maybe a handful of games have you been able to beat up an innocent civilian and take his identity by squishing his body into yours. He has a variety of special powers that you can use to reek havoc on the bad guys, but you always can just pick up a bazooka and reek havoc that way. :) The typical "how did I become this way, I have to find out" storyline, but it still has it's twists and turns to keep you on your toes.
Graphics - The graphics are very good for a 3rd person game that varies between a Gears of War close up 3rd person, to a bird's eye view 3rd person. The physics or the splash damage, trajectory, etc. are good, but the publisher Sierra decided that no limbs would be flying off when you threw a nade at someone :(. But rest assured, there will be blood :twisted:
Online Capability Well because of the nature of the game there is none and is not going to be a multiplayer, although you can do a co-op campaign with your buddy online.

Madden 2009
Release Date: 8/12/2008
Publisher - EA
Gameplay - I really ought not to even put this game up here, but hey Madden has fans too :). There really is not much to say about Madden '09. The gameplay has always been the same, only improving slightly each year as much as technology will allow it. The only thing worth mentioning, is the new campaign customizer thing, which senses your skill level and then sets the campaign to the right difficulty for you.
Graphics - Now the gameplay may be the same but the graphics are actually something to talk about. Normally each year the graphics just get slightly better, but this year it looks like the game took a "double jump" when it came to graphics. So for that, 2 gold stars :). And who better to put on the cover than the man who has retired and come back more than..the rest of the world combined. Thats right folks, Brett Favre.
Online Compatibility - Madden can be mentioned in the same sentence as Halo, CS:S, and WoW when it comes to Online gaming...well maybe not WoW 8) 1-4 players online or local, campaign online, quick game, basically the works..it's madden. :roll:

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Release Date: 6/29/2008 or Next Sunday
Publisher - Activision
Gameplay - Now this game is interesting. You can expect the same signature guitar hero gameplay, playing songs. But it takes you through an actual storyline of the members of Aerosmith and their lives as rockers. Makes the game interesting, you stare off into space playing guitar hero, but you can be happy because you know why the band decided to play that song 8)
Graphics - Guitar Hero was designed so that no one would give a damn about the graphics, they are just pretty lights in the background. But the little button board where you see your notes actually looks pretty nice. :)
Online Compatibility - Challenge a buddy online, or play with a buddy locally at home.

Battlefield: Bad Company
Release Date: 8/12/2008
Publisher - EA
Gameplay - This games overall idea is to use not your teammates as your #1 weapon, but use the environment. "Hey theres going to be a sniper behind this wall, let me knock it out and kick that sniper's fat ass!"
Going through the game, earning points, gets you the weapons, armor, etc just like in other battlefield games. The weapons that can be downloaded are NOT going to cost a cent like early rumors stated.
Graphics -The graphics alone make this game awesome. The gameplay is the lesser half of the graphics/gameplay scale. I guess you could say EA took a gamble knowing some people care about gameplay while some care about graphics, and then the idiots who don't know the difference. The people who would rather have great gameplay over great graphics may not appreciate this game as much as the others who prefer graphics to gameplay. Overall though, it deserves two gold stars :)
Online Capability Up to 24 Players Online.

Resident Evil 5
Release Date: 9/15/2008
Publisher - Capcom
Gameplay - The bad guy from Resident Evil 4 is back, this time he's in Africa, and he's turning poor innocent people and animals into mindless zombies. But good thing your around :D. Capcom really outdid themselves, they made new technologies and innovations specifically for this game to heighten the intensity and deepen the utter fear.
Graphics - An extremely high degree of detail brings this game to vivid life before your eyes as you experience new levels of realism and control. Take the graphics from Resident Evil 4...multiply the awesomeness by 10...then by 1.7...and you have Resident Evil 5.
Online Compatibility - Local Co-op

Killzone 2
Release Date: 9/15/2008
Publisher - Sony
Gameplay - I kind of liked the first Killzone so I expected some real carnage in the second, and well, "eh" is the word i would use to describe Killzone 2. The thing about games now a days, people get tired of the same old FPS, you need originality and uniqueness to make it a hit. This game is really just a predecessor to Killzone 1. The enemy's are the dangerous ISA who are destined to destroy a planet, but you don't want that, so you have to destroy them. Then you realize the planet is being a little hoe to you, so now it's you vs. the bad ISA and the planet. Double Whammy at it's finest. One thing I like, you have guys to fight with, your not alone.
Graphics - I like the graphics, the bad guys are kind of creepy looking wearing there signature Killzone masks, your partners are cool looking, but the environments are very nice. Graphics definitely gets a gold star :roll: Also another thing worth mentioning is the sound, they actually spent time on the sound! :shock: What is this! Sound! What is that? :) The game supports 7.1 surround sound and audio inclusion with wave tracking. Or in other words, turn up your speakers to maximum volume and you will not only wake the neighbors but probably make them fall out of bed...and give them nasty headaches...and get sued..and lose....on second thought, don't turn it up to maximum.
Online Compatibility - Up to 16 Players Online

Brother's In Arms: Hell's Highway
Release Date: 8/26/2008
Publisher - Ubi Soft
Gameplay - This game looks so bad, that I'm actually only putting it in here to describe the badness to you all. The older Brothers in Arms made years ago could probably more than likely rival this newest one in gameplay and graphics. Obviously WWII. "Theres only one way to get out of hell...and thats through it" Or in other words if you want to avoid killing yourself and going to hell, don't buy this game.
Graphics - Well, I have seen one thing better than the old Brother's in Arms and thats the physics. In the old one when things blew it up and didn't look AS nice as it does in this game. But, I'm almost positive Ubi Soft sent two little children in a cellar with cup o noodles to last them a couple weeks and told them to make the next brother's in arms, while the Ubi Soft People worked on the latest Splinter Cell game :twisted: which shall be mentioned later.
Online Capability - Team up with your buddies and play online, if you have any buddies left when you buy this game.

Fallout 3
Release Date: 10/9/2008
Publisher - Bethesda
Gameplay - This game is going to be awesome! We know Bethesda for making the highly acclaimed Elder Scrolls. But an FPS. No way!....YES WAY!! In this game there was a 200 year long atomic war, which started in 2077 :P. You and the people of Capital Wasteland a.k.a. former washington d.c. are inside a vault of some sorts. Enjoying life in your seclusion from all the scary monsters outside. Well your dad says "hell with this" and he leaves. You go after him in search of the truth that has been kept from you all your life. Comes out for ps3, 360, and PC so do not worry, unless you are a sega genesis player. This game does not start by you shooting people. The game starts literally when you are born. The first scene of Fallout 3, birth. It's considered the pregame, birth, growth, then when your of age you get to beat ass. You can chose so many things, right when your born are you going to be a girl or a guy, when your young are you going to be shy or out going. It's unbelievable in every aspect of the word. Spare no expense. Liam Nielsen is the voice of your dad, just like when Patrick Stewart was the voice of the emperor in Oblivion. No more surprises to give away!! *shuts up*
Graphics ZOMG!!! Where do I start?!? While traveling through Capital Wasteland you see stunning environments of deserted shopping malls, America's once great monuments that lie in ruin, and of course, the awesomest gangsterest goddamn looking monsters you will ever see. Super-deluxe HD graphics render the Wasteland in eye-popping detail, from the danger-filled offices and Metro tunnels of D.C. to the rotten flesh of a mutant's face. Just like in Elder Scrolls you can make your character look total badass. And you can name him badass too if that makes you feel better. Now what kind of game doesn't let you choose between 3rd person and 1st person...a gay one. Choose to go into 1st person so you can blast the s**t out of the monsters or choose to go into 3rd person so you see the amazing landscapes. The game has that kind of humorous feel to it that Bioshock had, but it's not under water and like 60 years ago. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Online Capability - None as of yet. :?

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Release Date - 11/14/2008
Publisher - EA
Gameplay - The Russian leaders have made a mistake! Why is their country suddenly plunged into chaos? What happened!? Well, the only way to find out is to launch a daring and final mission back in time to correct what was done. But it went wrong, now the modern world exists in a black raging war...WWIII. Who better to be the three factions in this war then 1. The Allies. 2. Soviet Union. and 3, your gonna love this. 3. Japan's Empire of The Rising Sun :) On a personal note they did something with the weapon/vehicles that i liked. They decided to somewhat take old school vehicles and make them modern. WAR BLIMPS :twisted:
Graphics - RTS's are not known for their graphics, but this game set the new standard. This game has piercing vibrant colors, textures that you wouldn't even see in an FPS. 5/5 for graphics. It's no Crysis, but it is an RTS so give it a break. :D
Online Compatibility Duh!

Tom Clancy's HAWX
Release Date{/u] - 9/16/2008
Publisher - Ubi Soft
Gameplay - The nations of the future increasingly have turned to private military companies, also known as PMCs, to aid in their defense. As the PMCs' role is further legitimized and their influence grows, concerns have begun to mount. Have the PMCs been granted too much power? And, if so, what will the consequences be for the world? Your in the pilot's seat for revolutionary aerial combat action in an all-too-realistic world of the near-future. Become an elite pilot of the future through use of the game's unique Enhanced Reality System, which provides a incredibly realistic flight experience, including radars and incoming missile detection, weapons trajectory control, an anti-crash system and more. Take the throttle of more than 50 authentic aircraft as you prove your skills in dogfights over war-scarred modern landscapes.
Graphics - The most realism in a game you will most likely ever see. If you were in pilot training and they put you in a fake plane with this playing on the window, I guarantee you would think it was legit. Ace combat can suck this game's #%^.
Online Compatibility - Fly with 15 friends (dayum)

As of right now, I have been typing and doing research for way too long.
Therefor I will leave Fable 2 and Mercenaries 2 up to you guys to judge it yourselves.

-Phenom
eXg. Mezzfit
Forum Bot

Post by eXg. Mezzfit »

Hell yeah Fallout 3!!! I played the other fallout games about 12 times each!!!
Damn, I was blinded by science.
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

i'm not sure how to vote because none of those games really interest me. i originally wanted to play fallout3 but really, i'm not a bethesda fan so i have little hope for it. now that i think about it, the only game i'm actually pumped for is probably spore (i mean, why isn't that on the list phenom?) and probably rock band 2. though guitar hero: world tour looks pretty interesting.

ps: mezzfit, how can i get the old fallouts to work on xp? i tried, but they didn't work properly because of their old directx implementations (bad artifacting, textures disappearing, etc.). thanks!
better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.
eXg. Mezzfit
Forum Bot

Post by eXg. Mezzfit »

get VMware! lol they are totally worth it. You can install like win2k or something
Damn, I was blinded by science.
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

there isn't anything else? i think i might try a cpu slowing program. i know you have to use one to run dos programs, so it might help with fallout.
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

The only thing I'm really waiting for on this list is Prototype. That game looks absolutely bad-ass. Games that are not on this list that I might want to try are Spore and Guitar Hero: World Tour.
eXg. Suyko
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Suyko »

My vote is not up there...Gran Turismo 5 for PS3
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

ugh. the gran tourismo series has been bested ... by a game that is already out! forza2 is significantly better than the gta5 prologue that i bought. pretty disappointed in prologue in fact. and when forza3 comes out (supposedly with 400 cars and 100 tracks and weekly updates if the leaked info is to be believed) it will only further show how dated gt really is.

loved gt1 though. :)
eXg. Suyko
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Suyko »

The prologue is kind of a scam. Just a way for them to get you to buy it twice. The down loadable freebie was enough to wet my appetite. The real game won't be out for awhile. X-mas maybe? I've played a few different driving games, not one comes close to the GT series. GT3 my fav btw. :)
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

!

Forza 2 is actually a good game? >_> I got it, along with GTA4, from the guy I bought my 360 from. Then I got Halo 3... yeah.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Waiting on:

GH: Aerosmith
GH: WT
Rock Band 2
Huxley
Diablo 3 :oops:
oh... and Wrath of the Lich King

Not all console games, but w/e lol :P
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

syko, have you played forza2? i mean, i do honestly believe, after playing all the gt games and the both the forza games, that it is far superior to the gt series. i honestly don't understand why people are so obsessed with the gt series anymore. back in the day it really was the cream of the crop, but anymore it has been lapped by most other franchises in some way. forza has it in realism (better, faster physics and actual crashes even without the deformation modeling the cars at least react better than as if they were bricks hovering over the road, astounding ai), parts (more than gt offers), customization (custom paint schemes that are literally only limited by your imagination), online (dl'able content, online leagues, online tourneys, car clans, and an awesome auction house), and timely releases. gt at this point has only one positive -- it has absolutely not competition on the same console.

and contro, if you actually like racing games, then yes, it is the best out there. my one complaint is that in order to maintain 60 fps along with 360 physics calcs per second they had to leave off anti-aliasing and motion blurring. but i'll give those up for the level of awesomeness that oozes from every pore of forza2.

hopefully gt5 can actually prove that it is relevant anymore, but prologue doesn't offer much in the way of hope. :-\
eXg. Suyko
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Suyko »

No, I haven't played forza2. But by the way your describing it, looks like I'll be getting on board for 3 :)
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

well if you have a 360 already, you should be able to get forza2 at gamestop used for like $20. and if you look at the box, there are plenty of copies out there of the forza2/ultimate alliance bundle that was given away with 360s this past summer. definitely a great deal since they are both fun games. but yeah, i feel that most gt fans just don't realize what forza has to offer when they continually profess that gt is the pinnacle.

like i said though, i do honestly hope that gt5 is great and proves it has some legs still. :)

Return to “Console Gaming”