Help Team EXG, Show off your Rig's 1337 Power !!!!!!

Become part of the 1337 team, as we combine our uber rigs, and put them to the task.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

damn i run 184/500 frames do you need all 500 for a Wu or whats what :?
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hehehe, mad crazy isn't it. Yes, you need to complete ALL 500 to get the work unit. Some work units that I've gotten are like 400,000, and 4,000,000. Moves a bit quicker, but VERY big. Depends on what they give you. If you are NOT getting the points per unit you think double check your CONFIG, make sure you said YES, to work units larger than 5M. :)

PuN
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

checked done double checked .....ty :o :D
eXg. Meckta

Post by eXg. Meckta »

:shock: technical stuff but im gonna try and get it working for u guys!
k1ller498
Forum Elite

Post by k1ller498 »

1 WU finished..
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Good S.Slaughter, and Killer. We need every rig we can get on this one.

PuN
eXg. apo
Open Roster

Post by eXg. apo »

I left my rig running it at home while im at work, no idea what its doing but its doing something lol! :lol:
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

k1ller498 wrote:1 WU finished..
yah well... I have 4 but it seems they were worth nothing or very little cause my points are SUPER LOW!, i should finish another one in a few hours time, and ill see if my settings changes worked.
(hey pun, no rush but, you think you could set up a tutorial on how to configure the GUI, it is kind of confusing, and I am still not even sure if I got it set up right.)
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

Kool, I just started this morning at 9 a WU with 4k frames O_O
now at 7 i am allready 1/4 done, 4 MORE DAYS or 2 if i let it runn all night :P
HOPEFULLY I get MEGA POINTS for this baby

ps, hey pun you see the sig sizes updated?
ARC
Forum Regular

Post by ARC »

Sorry guys I wish I could contribute but my dad uses this computer for work so it's never left idle :cry:
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

ARC wrote:Sorry guys I wish I could contribute but my dad uses this computer for work so it's never left idle :cry:
this program can work even if your computer isn;t idle.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Agreed, and I can speak to this from personal experience, not some vague info passed on. Even though I've got a 1337 :) rig, I ALWAYS fully test everything, before ANY recommendations come from US. I have to. I've done testing, and here's an example for you. I've got 4 simultaneous Work Units running on my machine, and am also, have a web browser open, playing a game of Doom3, and am on a Ventrillo channel. Now, it THAT doesn't tell you all you need to know, I don't know what will. The deal is, the brain pans over at Stanford University know, if they make it "intrusive" that no one will run it, or at least the standard Joe, won't. Because of that, they've designed it (unless you forcebly change it), to run ultra low priority. It can be run no matter WHAT you're doing. If you are needing 100 percent of the CPU for work, THAT'S what you'll get, when you're only using 50 percent, it will use the other 50. Very unobtrusive, as it "yeilds" to everything else that you are doing.

Very good program.

PuN
eXg. apo
Open Roster

Post by eXg. apo »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Agreed, and I can speak to this from personal experience, not some vague info passed on. Even though I've got a 1337 :) rig, I ALWAYS fully test everything, before ANY recommendations come from US. I have to. I've done testing, and here's an example for you. I've got 4 simultaneous Work Units running on my machine, and am also, have a web browser open, playing a game of Doom3, and am on a Ventrillo channel. Now, it THAT doesn't tell you all you need to know, I don't know what will. The deal is, the brain pans over at Stanford University know, if they make it "intrusive" that no one will run it, or at least the standard Joe, won't. Because of that, they've designed it (unless you forcebly change it), to run ultra low priority. It can be run no matter WHAT you're doing. If you are needing 100 percent of the CPU for work, THAT'S what you'll get, when you're only using 50 percent, it will use the other 50. Very unobtrusive, as it "yeilds" to everything else that you are doing.

Very good program.

PuN

wow, impressive! and there was me pausing my work everytime i used the machine lol!!

aight so it can run in the background and ill never have to touch it. cool

:)
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Ohhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooooo. I shouldn't have said anything. My high scores won't last now. OOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Yes, you can leave it running 24/7. If you're curious, boot your computer, which should probably (unless you've changed it), startup at boot. Give it a minute or so, make sure that it's actively folding ie. XX/500 or that the pie chart is up on your screen. Control/Alt/Delete, and bring up your Task Manager, then make sure that the Processes tab is on top, and you'll see, if you're doing nothing, it will use 100%. If you open up another program, start using Photoshop, doing vidoes, etc, it will yeild, and give up whatever the OTHER program needs.

PuN
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

making progress

:D :D

Return to “Team EXG Protein Folding”