Official Team EXG Folding Help Line

Become part of the 1337 team, as we combine our uber rigs, and put them to the task.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Official Team EXG Folding Help Line

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

OK fellas, it's offical, we are taking on the BIG GUNZ here, with Team EXG. Everyone get downloaded, installed, signed up for the team. Any questions, problems, put them up, and Crush, and myself, will take care of you.

If you THINK, hehe, you can hang with the big boys, and want to run multiple instances of the program, for TWICE the points, let us know.

PuN
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Re: Official Team EXG Folding Help Line

Post by eXg. sabooya »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:OK fellas, it's offical, we are taking on the BIG GUNZ here, with Team EXG. Everyone get downloaded, installed, signed up for the team. Any questions, problems, put them up, and Crush, and myself, will take care of you.

If you THINK, hehe, you can hang with the big boys, and want to run multiple instances of the program, for TWICE the points, let us know.

PuN
I HAVE GOT TO TRY THAT, i mean there is no slowdown haveing it run all teh time in my background, so i might as well try it a 2nd time. Ill do it as many times as i can without a noticable slowdown.
how would i spam the program, i get aan error when i try to reopen it.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Ahhh, this is where it gets FUN. Hehehe, not bad, just have to follow these instructions. OK, first off, there are TWO different programs, the GUI (graphical/screensaver), and the NoNonsense (text window). To run multiple instances, on a uber rig, or dual core, you have to download the NO NONSENSE TEXT version. Here's why, and how you set it up:

OK, once you've downloaded the No-Nonsense Text version, it's very simple. Make TWO folders on your desktop, or C drive or wherever you want it to reside, and name them something like Folding1, and Folding2. Now copy the text version executable into EACH folder. Then exec, or run the first one, from within your first folder, and after that starts up, go into your second folder, and do the same. You will be prompted for your user name, team number, and other options such as Large Work Loads, etc, for EACH instance, but only the first time. You'll know you've got it right, when you have two different text boxes running side by side. NOW, your u.B.e.R.

PuN
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

LMAO I HAVE 4 Instances RUNNING! LMAO and MY server, uhhh Uber?
Lolz I l post a screenshot tomorrow when i have it all fitable to my
NEW WIDESCREEN MONITOR!!!!!!!
JA!
8)

o and is it suposed to move mine just stoped at

Code: Select all

Extra SSE Boost OK.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Man, your insane. The biggest problem with this folding stuff, is that it gets ADDICTIVE. {O_o}

PuN
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Haha yeah big time sorry bout not posting on anything lately been internetless at the house and working hard at work.

eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:Haha yeah big time sorry bout not posting on anything lately been internetless at the house and working hard at work.
o
:D
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Crush look what I got started while you were away with the Team EXG. :)

PuN
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

I need some help, I don't think mine is working right.... I know my computer's not good, but I think something's wrong. :?

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

No worries Matt, when it first starts up, it is very misleading. Slow to start, LOOONG projected times, etc. Give it a bit, and check it, you'll see that it starts to ramp up, the times start to come down, the folds happen quicker and quicker, THEN, you are addicted. Hehehe. Post more shots, after it's been running for a bit.

PuN
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

ah ok, I'll leave it on tonight and see if it speeds up, thanks! :)
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

like i have posted before its very weird, especially on my rig, so i just ignore it letting it run :P
Sometiems itll take 1000 days some times 3 hours, sometimes i have 0 WU some times 2 or 3... i dont even know whats goig on in taht lil window so i just hide it and let it do its own thing
:)
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Alright, it started going a lot quicker overnight, thanks again Pun! :)
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

NP Matt. I may be calling in a "movie" favor from you in a bit. :)

PuN
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:NP Matt. I may be calling in a "movie" favor from you in a bit. :)
Alright, cool. :)

Return to “Team EXG Protein Folding”