Official Team EXG Score

Become part of the 1337 team, as we combine our uber rigs, and put them to the task.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

GET R DUN. PuN can't do it alone.

PuN
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

Once again.
What is this about?
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

eXg. Phenom wrote:Once again.
What is this about?
eXg. SunTzu wrote:
eXg. Phenom wrote:Whats this thread about?
Showing off your rig? 8)
try reading the first page you slacker :wink:
You didn't do it did you...
http://www.exg-clan.com/newforum/viewtopic.php?t=2073
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. sabooya wrote:
eXg. Phenom wrote:Once again.
What is this about?
eXg. SunTzu wrote:
eXg. Phenom wrote:Whats this thread about?
Showing off your rig? 8)
try reading the first page you slacker :wink:
You didn't do it did you...

LOL

eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

I dont know what "it" is :(
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

eXg. Phenom wrote:I dont know what "it" is :(
eXg. Pun1sher wrote:OK, so you think you got the 1337 rig and all that. Show us. For quite sometime Team EXG has been donating CPU cycles to the greater good. What's that you say, well all the time you leave your computer idle, it COULD be used to help solve mathmatical equations. Thanks to Big Daddy Crush, we've been doing quite a bit of Protein Folding. This is NOT an obtrusive program, and you can say when/where/how it runs, so no worries. Crush and I have done extensive testing on this, and we NEED your help. It's quite easy, and doesn't cost you a dime. All you do is download the small program, from Folding at Home. You can choose either a GUI based version, with the screen saver (Best for Single Core Machines), or the No-Nonsense console based version (Best for High Powered Rigs, and Dual Cores). Join the ranks of Team EXG, and other 1337 groups to fold it up.
PuN

Summarized and linked!!! There you go Phenom.
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Ok well CrUsH was out of commision for a while but is back to folding 24/7. Only using one core right now but meh :D

Lets get more people folding, use those cpu cycles when you are not using them. For a good cause too.

Right now the only names active in the team are me and Pun.

Team Id 49197
Grand Score 390666
Work Unit Count 2141
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 1590 of 84489

eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

F@H still hates my computer. I have 2 going constantly yet it says im not getting any WU and i AM sending them to the correct team :lol:
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I really have to pimp this harder on the site, with our team number. If we start ramping up again, I'll start doing weekly updates again. For the F@H n00bs out there, hehe, quoted from the Folding @ Home page:

What is protein folding and how is folding linked to disease? Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, in many ways remains a mystery.

Moreover, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes.

You can help by simply running a piece of software. Folding@Home is a distributed computing project -- people from through out the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer makes the project closer to our goals. Folding@Home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems thousands to millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.

What have we done so far? We have had several successes. You can read about them on our Science page, Results section, or go directly to our press and papers page.
Basically the program ONLY RUNS, when your computer is IDLE. This means you start up a game, download, rip some music, it goes into low priority mode, and you won't know it's there. As soon as you go idle again, it starts up again. The "workunits" seemlessly download to, and upload from you, with no input at all. Just to make double sure on how "safe" or "invisible" is was, I had 4 seperate work units running at the same time, on my FX-62, overclocked, and ran it straight for 2 weeks, 24/7. NP.

The biggest benefit is the bragging rights for you, and the 1337 for our entire team. Costs you nothing but a small download, and enter our team number.

1. Download it >>>> http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download
2. Start it up and enter our Team Number >>>>> 49197

Done. It can take days for the uber leet work units to finish depending on your 1337 status. Also, after the work units are completed and sent back to the mother ship, it can take a day to see your new score, so don't rush it.

PuN

Return to “Team EXG Protein Folding”