What Protein?

Become part of the 1337 team, as we combine our uber rigs, and put them to the task.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I've got three Gromacs, although they're not eating up as much RAM as in Crush's example.

eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Nice pun, Rawwwr! hehe.

I think im going to get some nice bonus points here. The preferred time for this is 30 days with a deadline of 82 days. Well I havent even come to my first day mark, Just started it last night. Show me the money!

Not bad for a 88,000 atom protien.

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Very nice. I'm still not getting why you've got much more RAM in use on that. I am aware of the "AMD thing" where I cannot choose "Larger than 5M", AND "Experimental" because of the compiler that doesn't play nice with AMD, but should I be choosing "You guys are desperate to get this done, so I'll get more points" Work Units ???

PuN
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Well im hesitent on doing this but here is my uber config. I exec this everytime I start folding. Now all of you know my secrets.... :0

[settings]
username=Shawn
team=49197
asknet=no
bigpackets=yes
machineid=1

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=yes

[core]
priority=96
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
checkpoint=3
ignoredeadlines=no

[power]
battery=no

[clienttype]
type=1

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hmmmmm, now I'm really perplexed. :O

I wish I had a Pent, just so I could try the >5M, and experimental just to see, how it was different. I was suprised, having run quite a bit of Gromacs before, than now, with the two that are running, it is taking quite a bit longer. Guess payday is right around the corner. LOL. Anyone have a Pentium, who wants to do a little experiement ??

PuN
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Hmmmmm, now I'm really perplexed. :O

I wish I had a Pent, just so I could try the >5M, and experimental just to see, how it was different. I was suprised, having run quite a bit of Gromacs before, than now, with the two that are running, it is taking quite a bit longer. Guess payday is right around the corner. LOL. Anyone have a Pentium, who wants to do a little experiement ??

PuN

Hehe pun, you could buy my Pentium from me. I'm selling it on ebay right now but if you were intrested I would cut the price back a lil and sell it to ya.

Intel Extreme Edition 955 3.46 ghz x 2 cores, each with 2mb of L2 Cache.

Im selling it on ebay right now for 735 Bucks, new in box. They usually go for at least 800-1400 online.

Ive almost wanted to build a system with it because of my 4400 X2 Dropping in freaking price so much so fast. Its 200 Dollars cheaper now!!! OMFG that pisses me off.

eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

My next upgrade will be to AM2 :P
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

rofl ow come i only av 250
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

lolz im working on one worth 20,000
O_O
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Fear not Ubi. hehe, it's NOT the total count that matters but the complexity. Don't worry because the GROMACS, are where the points are. :)

PuN
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Fear not Ubi. hehe, it's NOT the total count that matters but the complexity. Don't worry because the GROMACS, are where the points are. :)

PuN
:mrgreen;
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Ok so ive been looking on the site some more and reading and Im thinking im going to get some mega points on these ones I have running right now. Each one is worth 600 points alone, and I belive Im going to qualify for the "bonus points" which will be x2.

So in another 2 days I should have this much comming:

600x2 = 1200
1200/2 = 600

1200 + 600 = 1800 points.

Bonus points are half of the points you get from the wu. Keep your fingers crossed. 1800 points for two WU's is not bad.

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Damn, I'd LOVE to score some 600 point units. I think the biggest they give me are like 400. :(

PuN
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

The key is having both Big WU and ADV on. The work server shouldnt give you anything that is optimized for Intel. I know some of them run 1/2 speed on AMD machines. But these WU's take allot of memory, network activity, HD space etc. And of course if there are no WU's with bonus points running at the time you will not be issued one etc.

Lets see how this pans out. I should be done with this current one within a day or two. 75 percent on both protiens as of now.

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hmmmm perhaps I spoke too soon.

Hmmm, so it's agreed that experimental, AND, larger than 5M will guarantee getting a Intel friendly package ??

They did state that half speed, might even be generous. :O

Hax

PuN

Return to “Team EXG Protein Folding”