Making a Quake 4 Video- steps to take

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
hadriel
Open Roster

Making a Quake 4 Video- steps to take

Post by hadriel »

1. While I'm playing type: Recordnetdemo "insertnamehere"
2. Close the game and open Fraps
3. open the game and in the console type: Playnetdemo "whateverthenamewashere"
4. While the netdemo is playing, use your fraps capture video button
5. When you're done recording your game click the Fraps record button again to stop recording
6. Open Windows movie maker (should already be on your pc) or if you have any other better video editing software use that

Windows Movie Maker

7. go file- import files- then import all of the fraps files that were recorded
8. Now you should have a tonne of clips- so drag whatever you need down to the timeline (split clips first if you have to, etc.)
9. Import the music file you want to use, and drag it down to the music timeline
10. Go to tools- add titles- and add whatever titles/credits you want
11. When you're all done go to file- save movie file- my computer
12. Choose a name and save location for your movie
13. Select the size for your movie (remember that if youre going to host it on putfile it needs to be 25mbs if you have a free putfile account, 20mb if you want to upload anonymously
14. Wait for your video to finish and then upload it to Putfile
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Did you record it when i finally bat you
? Damn dood you and your freaking combos1! Matti is one hellova player guys take what he says with.;l... ahhh s**t i cant concentate. oh well...

hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:Did you record it when i finally bat you
? Damn dood you and your freaking combos1! Matti is one hellova player guys take what he says with.;l... ahhh s**t i cant concentate. oh well...
No I wasn't doing any recording that night. I usually only record when I have a weekend free and I'm really bored, so I just record 1-3 games and make a quick video. I really should start doing that though, I've been practicing with the nades, and it's quickly become one of my fav guns now and I've had some pretty sweet frags with it. If you're playing a game and I'm spectating or something just let me know and I'll record some games. It's usually a lot better to get the stuff from the person fragging's point of view, otherwise you're not always facing the right direction or anything either.
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. Mattinator wrote:
eXg. CrUsH wrote:Did you record it when i finally bat you
No I wasn't doing any recording that night. I usually only record when I have a weekend free and I'm really bored, so I just record 1-3 games and make a quick video. I really should start doing that though, I've been practicing with the nades, and it's quickly become one of my fav guns now and I've had some pretty sweet frags with it. If you're playing a game and I'm spectating or something just let me know and I'll record some games. It's usually a lot better to get the stuff from the person fragging's point of view, otherwise you're not always facing the right direction or anything either.

Thats one thing that I did notice, you make good use of spam. Allot of people dont know that and just shoot when seen.

Spam is good people!!!

Ok so now we gotta make a Matt and Crush video of ownage.

eXg. HollowPo1nt
Number Two

Post by eXg. HollowPo1nt »

noob here matt xplain "fraps" :cry: :? :?
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. HollowPo1nt wrote:noob here matt xplain "fraps" :cry: :? :?
It's a program that allows you to record ingame footage. If you go to www.fraps.com you can get a trial version that allows you to record for up to 30 seconds at a time. However, if you get in touch with me on xfire, I may be able to hook you up with a full version that doesn't require you to buy it. :roll: :lol: :wink:

Return to “Need Help ??”