Video Card Shopping

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

THe 7800GS is nice, but it's more akin to th4e 68GT IMHO... A bit faster but not by much. I would only suggest the 78GS if it's the 20pipe 512 version other wise just get him a 68GT and an Arctic Cooler. It will run fast and cost you about $100-150 total!

I just have found that 78's are really expensive for the mere perfomance boost over the NV40 (68GT, Ultra)

Either way man, just make sure his card isn't near as fast as yours :wink:
JESUS-MAXIMUS

Post by JESUS-MAXIMUS »

Bob! wrote:THe 7800GS is nice, but it's more akin to th4e 68GT IMHO... A bit faster but not by much. I would only suggest the 78GS if it's the 20pipe 512 version other wise just get him a 68GT and an Arctic Cooler. It will run fast and cost you about $100-150 total!

I just have found that 78's are really expensive for the mere perfomance boost over the NV40 (68GT, Ultra)

Either way man, just make sure his card isn't near as fast as yours :wink:
I think gainward makes a 7800gs with 512 ram. But it's very hard to find. Probably very expensive also.
Pandoz
Forum Bot

Post by Pandoz »

Yea it's the Bliss gainward 7800gs. It's prevalent in UK and pretty easy to find in Australia, but I've only seen it in 2 shops in my town and they said they had to ship it from European dealers to get it there.

Return to “Need Help ??”